14🧸

Sunoo woke up in his uncomfy bed, he knew where he was and decided to not make a move or a single sound. Oddly his eyes were stuck on a little rabbit light put on a table, he never saw such thing like this before.

The wall of his room were just plain blue without funny animals or cheerful drawing so why was there a rabbit light ?

Sunoo just shrugged this idea off his head and lay back down on the mattress, he tried to get back to sleep but he couldn't.

He knew that he was pretty safe for now because he didn't hear the loud voice of his step dad and his mom never hurt him when she was alone. She just ignored him and it was better that way.

He played a little with his fox plushie until he heard a loud noise and some scream.

-" Don't you dare touch him ! Do you want us to go to jail ?! You have to stop ! "

-" That bastard came to threaten you ! We have to show him that we're not scared of that Heeseung boy. "

-" Don't you think that harming a child is not the solution ? "

-" Because now you're going to say that you love that child ? You mistreated him as much as me you can't take back what you've done to him "

His mom and step dad were arguing over him, he didn't really understand what they were saying but when they were screaming it was always because they were talking about him or his dad.

He put his plushie on his chest and hold it really tight. He was scared even frightened because his mom's boyfriend would soon barge into his room so he hide himself in his closet and make sure to not make a single noise.

-" Shin-Ae don't you remember when you took all this medicine only to get ride of him ? Or when you yeet him off the stairs and that his head nearly explode on the ground ? You can't point me as the only monster here when you've done as worse as me. "

This was the last sentence his step dad pronounced before leaving his mom, alone, in the living room. He probably went outside either to smoke or get drunk in a bar, the good thing is that he won't be back until 2 or maybe 3 days if Sunoo was lucky.

He got out of his closet and went back to his bed. He became to feel hungry so it was probably around 7 or 8pm, he knew that he wouldn't eat much so he just stay still in his bed, however when he was about to sleep his mom came in his room.

She was smoking, of course she was, she smoke all day long and it was kinda sad to say but the smoke doesn't even make Sunoo cough or bothered anymore.

He was used to the smell.

-" What do you want to eat tonight ? "

Uh ? Sunoo tilted his head, why was she asking him that ? Why was she showing him a little bit of attention. Seeing that Sunoo wouldn't asnwer Shin-Ae just sighed and sat on Sunoo's bed.

-" Are you that scared of me, son ? "

Sunoo shyly nodded his head in agreement. Of course he was scared at any time she could just burn him with her cigarette and it was awfully painful.

However she seemed hurt, not angry, but hurt and probably sad. Was she really regretting what she had done in the past ? It was impossible, she is only playing with Sunoo's mind, she can't feel sorrows after everything she had done.

-" I understand... I would be scared too but ... I will change for the best. I promise. "

Sunoo nodded but didn't dare to look in her eyes, his knees were held thight by his arms against his chest and his chin was resting on them.

-" Do you want to eat pizza tonight ? "

-" Yes. "

Shin-Ae smiled and ruffled her son's black hair before going out of his room.

No, she wasn't doing this because she was scared of Heeseung. She didn't really know what kind of relationship there were between him and Sunghoon but she just knew they weren't fiancé. However Sunoo seemed really close with the older and Sunghoon seemed really happy with him too.

But Shin-Ae had a bigger problem to take care of than his ex boyfriend's relationship. She was stuck in what she thought being an healthy relationship but it just turned out to be a really abusive one. Of course she never wanted to have a son in the first place but she never really aimed to abuse him, if she never had dated Sunoo's step dad she would never neglected or abused her own son.

Now she had less than 2 months to get out of this relationship. She couldn't bear the thought of losing her own life if he happened to discover what she was hiding from the one she thought she loved.