Chapter 7

This one is for @p_o_t_t_e_r__e_y_e_s for the amazing cover. Thank you so much, y'all are awesome.
On with da story~

~•~•~

I glared at his hand and imagined how it'll be if I have laser eyes. God, I wouldn't even be surprised if he's going to blow my cover one of these days. I seemed to be slipping out of my shy and nerdy character whenever I was around him.

"Sorry," Adam said, his arms slightly raised to show that he meant no harm as he stepped back to give me some space.

I nodded stiffly, wanting to get out of this place as quickly as I can. I could sense the hesitance as he set his eyes on anything but me. I was so close to snapping and just yell at him to spit it out so that I can bolt out of this place but before I could do so, he spoke up and gave me the biggest shock of the year.

"I wanted to ask you to a party on Friday, as my date." 

My eyebrows shot up. Is this how they ask girls out these days? Momma always said something about daddy going to grampy's house before taking her anywhere. What happened to that chivalry?

"No." I said simply, shrugging and hitching my bag further up on my shoulder, ready to walk away.

He seemed to be expecting the rejection as he finally looked at me with a blank expression. Well, considering we weren't exactly on good terms in the first place, he couldn't have expected any other answer.

His expression morphed into one of determination and took a hold of my elbow before dragging me out of the building and around a corner.

I glared at the back of his head, letting him drag me as I tried to maintain my reputation as the shy nerd. 

Why oh why couldn't looks kill. It'll do me a seriously great deal amount of favor. 

He finally stopped walking and turned to face me. I tilted my head upwards, groaning lightly before facing him and throwing him the most menacing glare I could muster. 

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I whispered harshly at him.

He smiled cheekily at me and I saw the glint of mischief in his eyes. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously as a thought occurred to me, "Is this some kind of joke? Or maybe it's a test that you have to pass before you get to join the popular clique?"

He frowned, looking puzzled. 

"What?" He asked, dumbfounded.

When I gave him a blank look, he shook his head and tried to coax me into going to the party again. "Come on, it'll be fun."

I sighed and looked him in the eye. 

"Will this stop you from bothering me ever again?" I asked, not bothering to conceal the slight hopeful tone in my voice.

He grinned as he realized that he might have a chance in getting me to go with him to that stupid party. 

"Only if you want me to," he dodged the question slyly. I snorted, earning myself a chuckle from him. 

I groaned once I realized that my mind has already made a choice for me. I have a bad feeling at how this is going to end but I didn't have any plans anyways. I usually stayed in on Friday nights, watch Netflix while binge eating on ice cream. I guess a party wouldn't hurt.

"I won't let you walk away until you say yes," he taunted. I clicked my tongue to express my annoyance at him and scowled at him through the few strands of hair that fell over my face.