Numero Dos Dias || .009

Ava's eyes slowly opened, noticing immediately that she fell asleep when she wasn't supposed to. They slept in turns and it hadn't been her turn then. Thoughts from last night started rushing back. The feeling of their lips on every inch of each other, their kisses, the way his hands felt running along her bare skin. Just the thought was enough to cause the burning back in her cheeks. She sat up from the couch, noticing the jumpsuit, bra, and panties that were resting in the corner where she took them off at. She looked around for any sign that Berlin was in the room, but there was nothing. He bailed as soon as they finished and she fell asleep. Either that or he woke up early enough to rush out of the room before her. Ava stood up from the couch, walking over to pull the panties on. She was wearing a white t-shirt that covered her upper half and rested right below her butt. She knew it was Andres'. She pulled the bra on and then the red jumpsuit, tying the jumpsuit at her waist and keeping the white shirt on. Nobody would know that the shirt was Andres'. There was no way of knowing by just a t-shirt, right? Ava pulled on her shoes last and strapped them up quickly. She wasn't sure what time it was, but the sun looked like it was just now starting to rise. She walked out of the room, making sure to shut the door quietly. The last thing she wanted was for anyone to question where she was when she was supposed to be on guard of some of the hostages. She walked around the corner but stopped near the stairs, her eyes going straight to the front doors that were peeled wide open. She hurried down the stairs, looking around quickly. She noticed a lot of the hostages pinned back against a wall, head down. Rio stood near them with a heavy machine gun in his hands.       

          "Valencia," Rio called out to her when he saw her and immediately walked over to her. Phoenix stood beside the hostages too. His left eye was bruised a dark purple. He avoided looking at Ava, not ready to face a conversation with her after last night. No matter what happened the night before, he didn't assume what happened between Ava and Berlin. Ava could feel the guilt eating at her the longer she looked at Martin.

         "Why's the door open?" Ava asked whenever Rio was directly in front of her. 

        "Berlin's outside with a few hostages. They're sending a message." Rio said. Ava would've thought he'd wake her if he was going to move forward with the next step already. Ava nodded, her eyes moving along the hostages yet again. She noticed a few of them that were missing and assumed they were the ones outside with Berlin. She stepped to the side of the hostages as Berlin and the other hostages retreated inside the Mint. The doors shut quickly behind them. Thankfully, the police didn't fire while they were out there. Berlin and Ava's eyes met immediately when the mask was off of his face. Berlin had a visible smirk on his lips, but Ava looked away from him quickly. The night before kept rushing back to her mind. She kept thinking of his lips on her bare skin. Berlin had left right after Ava fell asleep the night before. He barely got two hours of sleep, but he'd do it all over again just to be with her in the same way.       

           "Get back in line! Let's go!" Berlin ordered the hostages. They hurried to the side in a couple of straight lines. Berlin paced back and forth with the group, asking them about medications. Ava stood near Denver now, holding the pistol in her hand carefully. The safety was on. It was mostly just to scare the hostages into obeying.

          "I would like to request an abortion pill." The curly blonde-headed woman said confidently as she kept her eyes straight ahead. Ava furrowed her eyebrows at the lady's request. It was so odd and out of the blue that she didn't expect it. She couldn't help but look down at the lady's stomach. She had just figured out that she was pregnant because she didn't even have the smallest bump. Berlin agreed to get that for her and went around getting a list of all of the meds that everyone would need. They were taking care of the hostages in a way. Of course, it was still a sort of torture, but they wouldn't harm them. Or Ava didn't think that anyone would harm them. The Professor had made it clear over and over again. They weren't to harm any of the hostages. Today's mission would be getting calls sent out to the hostages' families and trying to negotiate with the police. Their surrender was an absolute negative, but they could play their games with the police and get them to believe whatever they wanted. Ava watched as Nairobi led a few of them out of the room and Moscow got a few hostages as well. They would keep the hostages in different groups because there were sixty-seven of them. If it wasn't for the weapons that they had then they would easily be able to get taken down by the hostages just because of the numbers alone. The last thing they wanted was a riot on their hands so they'd give them as little free time together as possible.