XLVI - Adonis

Hey guys. I just published my blog The Black Voices Heard. If you guys have read chapter 5 of this book then I think you guys can see that I'm passionate about all things relating to the black community and I want to speak out and help as much as I can. My blog is theblackvoicesheard.wordpress.com. I haven't yet purchased my own domain name neither have I added some posts. Please check out my new blog page where we'll tackle some of the issues affecting the black community. I may also be starting an Instagram page where we speak out on some of these issues. It'd mean the world for me if you guys check it out.

Adonis was getting tired of the jail he was in

Adonis was getting tired of the jail he was in. He had been to jail once before when he was 19 and had made a promise to himself never to return. Now here he was at 21, barely three years later seeing as he was a couple months shy of his 22nd birthday.

"Ayo Don, you ain't coming out ya cell? Cause I'm leaving and I ain't finna make them niggas take all the jello."

Adonis looked over to see that it was Malaki who said that. When he was busy running the streets, he sold a lot of weed to Malaki and since then they'd kept it cordial. Malaki was recurring in the prison system. He was in there for all types of shit: beating on his babymomma, robbing the corner store, grand theft, you name it and he did it. He was in jail more than he was free.

"Yeah man. I'm finna head out there right na," Adonis eased up off his bed. Well whatever you could call that flimsy mattress and iron beneath.

"Alright bruh."

Truth be told Adonis was sick of this shit. He'd been in jail for a few weeks now and all he wanted was to out. He hadn't been able to reach Sage and he was worrying about her a lot seeing as her best friend had just died. And then there was the issue of Chance James. Adonis had made up his mind that he only wanted Chance on his case but Chance was a difficult man to get through too. He wasn't allowed to have phone calls like the other prisoners and he knew deep down that it was something the corrupt detective did. Only time he had contact with the outside world was when his mother came to visit him on Sundays.

"15 minutes of lunch remaining and then it'll be time for you all to return to your cells. After that it'll be time for visitations," one of the guard yelled out as if all the other men inside the jail didn't know. Adonis was actually quite excited for it. He hadn't spoken to his mother since a week before and he was going to ask her to check up on Sage for him.

Soon enough they had all finished and we're headed back to their cells. Adonis had lost a significant amount of weight since he came in seeing as he barely ate. The food was disgusting to him and he couldn't seem to get it to go down his throat. It always threatened to come back up.

"Ayo Salaam, you got a visitor out here. Get up," the same guard from earlier repeated to Adonis as soon as he had sat down on his bed. Adonis got up, excited to see him mother.

He was pleasantly surprised when he saw his girlfriend sitting around the metal table looking around and waiting for him to come out.

(So anyone visiting a prison/jail may need to be over 18 with a valid identification card and Sage isn't 18 yet but for the sake of the book, it don't matter)