.13. cuddle

I sit on Nick's bed as he hangs out on Karl's stream. I'm getting some editing done. I love that we can comfortably do our own thing in each other's presence.

Clay knows that Nick and I are getting closer. We keep the door open like teenagers to help not raise any suspicions. We're not doing anything we shouldn't be anyways.

I hear him leaving the stream early. I look up from my computer to give him a questioning look.

He sighs, "Want to go for a walk?"

Dream is downstairs on the stream he just left, so he'll be occupied for a while.

I nod and follow him downstairs.

The sun is just about to set, so the sky around us is tinted in oranges and pinks. The clouds almost look like cotton candy.

We walk hand and hand and talk the entire time we walk. Clay lives near his childhood home, so I'm very familiar with the area.

"Right here is where I fell off my bike," I point to an area by a bush, "the old neighborhood cat ran in front of my bike, and I did a super abrupt turn straight into the mailbox."

"Ouch," Nick says, cringing at the thought of the pain.

"Of course the one mailbox I chose to run into had these weird sharp spikes on it, obviously not there anymore, but anyways my arm got a nasty cut from it." I laugh as I recall the next part of the accident, "And Clay screamed when he saw how much blood there was. I mean screamed. He called his mom, and she took us to the emergency room in her blue minivan. I got six stitches in my leg and a huge bruise on my forehead. All because of that neighborhood cat."

He shakes his head, "It's not the cats fault. Don't blame the innocent kitten."

I put my hand up in defense. "I did not say I have anything against the cat. It just got in my way at a very bad time."

"Well, you should've been a better biker," Nick says pointedly.

"If I did, then I could be in a biker gang." I jump a little in excitement.

"I don't know about that one, y/n," he shakes his head again, "different kind of bike."

"We should make a biker gang, and we could all get little bells and baskets. It would be great. We should do it." I say, tugging on his hand.

"I don't think I have a choice, do I?" he asks.

I hear him, but don't answer his question. "Imagine the fanart of the dream team as the biker gang. That could be hot."

"Hot you say?" he asks as he stops walking for a moment and pulls me in close.

My breath stops at the sudden proximity. I look into his eyes for a moment, completely forgetting about whatever I was talking about. My mind is currently buzzing around as it can't form a single clear thought besides the fact that I want Nick to kiss me right here and now.

He doesn't. He gives me a smirk, then says, "Maybe the dream team could come out with biker merch. Do you think you would design it?" He starts to walk again. I notice he walks a bit slower. We were just taking the loop around the neighborhood, so our walk would end soon.

I can't believe he led me on like he did. He got close and made it seem like he was going to kiss me then turned and talked as if nothing had happened.

I hear him as he explains a cool idea for a biker gang merch, but I can't find myself actually listening to him.

I do realize one thing as we continue down the road, thoug.