Chapter 60

Chapter 60

Lexi and I were staring at each other, hearts pounding.

"I'm switching places," my Pumpkin threatened, subduing the moment.

I pouted in response.

Daphnee peeked her head forward. "You can hide in my shirt sexy running back, I won't mind," she said with a mischievous grin.

"See Pumpkin," I told Lexi waving to Daphnee, "that's how you should be reacting."

Apparently our little interactions were disturbing though, because someone from behind told us to shut up, which obviously got Daphnee riled up, ready to throw tomatoes. Fortunately her friends stopped her before she could do any damage.

My Pumpkin focused her attention back on the show, looking like she was trying to ignore me, while I did everything but ignore her.

I was still clutching to her arm, leaning against her.

And I wasn't letting go.

I was quite disappointed when the lights turned back on and the show was over.

Back to reality somehow.

I blinked a few times. The bright light hit my eyes. It had been nicer in the dark.

And I was realizing yet again that I was definitely tired.

I'd probably only been bold around Lexi just now because I was delusional and sleep deprived. Maybe I'd been hallucinating the whole thig. It would actually make more sense than for it to be real.

Daphnee was making a commotion beside us. "Why the hell didn't you let me throw tomatoes at that douche," she asked Alex.

"If you hit me with that, you'll ruin it," Alex was telling her. I assumed he was talking about her purse apparently filled with tomatoes.

Lexi's friend was definitely special.

Pumpkin got up, so I followed her.

"And you think I care? Party pooper."

"Take deep breaths Daph," Lexi said, amused.

Her friend sighed dramatically. "Where's Fun-Lexi when I want to throw tomatoes at people?"

I couldn't help the next words that came out of my mouth. "She was too busy drooling over me."

Lexi's response was automatic. She elbowed me in the stomach and glared at me, calling me a jerk.

I should not be enjoying the manhandling and name calling this much, but I did. I did because I knew she didn't mean it. It was her way of letting me in.

"So what exactly did you do, for this whole show thing I mean," Lexi asked Vanessa who was getting up from her seat too.

Her friend seemed slightly displeased with the question.

I wondered how their friendship was going after the little incident yesterday.

It was bound to make things awkward.

Also, Vanessa did Tyler. I kept that line for myself though

"I did a lot of things, okay? It's was actually nice for them to have someone who knew what they were doing and could give them tips," Vanessa explained.

I pressed my lips together to keep from saying quite a few inappropriate comments.

When Vanessa's attention turned to a teacher that was trying to talk to her, I leaned in, and whispered to Lexi, "I hope you know I restrained myself from saying at least five sexual comments on that little rant of hers."