Part 29

The night wind blew through the small girl's hair as she squeezed her little brother's hand.

"What were you doing all the way out here, Naoto?" Hina asked, scolding her little brother who shrugged.

"Just hanging out with my friends is all" Naoto asked causing Hina to sigh and shake her head. She was about to say something when a slight thumping come from an alley in front of us.

"Oh no- more fighting." Hina scoffed, shaking her head as she thought of her boyfriend with a small smile on her face. Her smile disappeared when the thudding suddenly turned into a quiet sobbing, her eyebrows furrowing with worry.

She peaked around the corner of the alley, seeing a boy crouched over what looked to be an unconscious person.

"W-Why him?! Why didn't you-" The boy shouted before throwing another punch.

"Why didn't you shoot me?! He didn't deserve it!" He shouted, Hina's eyes slightly widen before he fell off of the man, using the palms of his hands to wipe the tears coming from his eyes.

"Wait for a second- I've heard that voice before," Hina mumbled, looking down to her younger brother who shrugged.

"Why! Why god-" The boy shouted before sniffling, still rubbing his eyes as tears poured down his face. Hina's eyes widened as she finally recognized the voice. She took a few steps into the alley, waving Naoto away.

"Listen man- I've had a really shitty night and I've already nearly killed two of your captains. You don't want this." The boy spoke, his voice extremely shaken as he tried his best to compose himself.

"Oh- I'm sorry! I just heard you were crying and I figured; I don't know you might need a friend?" Hina mumbled a worried look on her face as Akira looked up, his blue eyes glistening in the moonlight.

"Hmm? You're uh- shit. You're Takemichi's girl right?" Akira asked, Hina smiling at the boy and nodding.

"Mhm! I'm Hina- I don't know if I've ever introduced myself. Are you okay?" Hina asked, glancing over to the still unconscious man wearing a white jacket.

"Nah- I'm not." Akira sighed, dryly chuckling before shaking his head. Hina half-smiled at the boy, kneeling down to the boy and grasping his hand.

"Hey what're you-" Akira asked, looking down to the girl's hands as she flipped it over, looking at the knuckles.

"Shh- let me look!" Hina chastised, watching as blood poured from the cut knuckles. She sighed, reaching into her bag and pulling some gauze from it.

"You don't need to" Akira started before he was cut off by the girl glaring at him causing him to hold his free hand up in surrender.

"Come on, I have some more stuff at my apartment," Hina spoke, popping up from her crouched position and holding her hand out.

"Come here Naoto! Our friends coming with us!" Hina shouted, the young boy peeking around the corner at the tall boy who smiled down at him.

"Hey, kid-" Akira was saying before the guy underneath him grasped at his ankle.

"W-Wait." The man croaked before Akira turned and kicked him in the face, turning around with a sigh. Hina dragged the boy from the alley and past her brother and towards their apartment.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Mikey raced through the streets, his hair flying in different directions. He had been fifteen minutes away from Hina's apartment but would make it there in ten.

The blonde parked his bike, jogging up the stairs of the complex, making his way to the top floor. He looked down at his phone, reading the room number and approaching it. The boy knocked on the door, it quickly swinging open and a familiar female face popping up, holding her finger to her lips.