Chapter 54 - Atropa's Identity

"Royal?" Manik frowned as he couldn't believe what he heard actually. Though he never looked down on the maids by Nandini's side but he also never thought that they will be related to royalty. It's common for anyone not to have such thoughts afterall why a royal born lady will work as a maid under someone else? It's kind of beyond imagination.

Nandini nodded "yes, Atropa's identity is special. She is royal born. Though she is not the prominent heir of Royalty but still she has royal blood in her"

"If that's the case then what's her relationship with Royalty and which royal clan does she belong?" Manik asked curiously. He never thought before that a royal born lady will work as a maid in his palace. If Nandini never said this to him then he would never knew about it.

"Your majesty do you remember the Sanatan Royal clan?"

Manik frowned "Sanatan clan? That dynasty has already been destroyed. Besides it's several years ago . It even destroyed before I ascend the throne"

"Yes, that royal dynasty met with a disaster several years ago destroying the whole clan. Though it was not a fault of the royal family but the people inside the palace bears evil intention hiding under the facade of wellwisher. It's hard to detect such people and also need close observation of their moves to indentify them" Nandini sighed "because of some evil people's intention the whole family needed to pay for their crime"

"How do you know about them?" Manik asked totally focussing himself in this matter. He heard about the matter of Sanatan Royalty being destroyed when his father discussed about it with some ministers but he never went to look for details. But now hearing it from Nandini after so many years again it made him intrested to know more.

"I hear it from older nanny who was in charge of taking care of Atropa. She was quite old and was bedridden at that time. Her condition was so bad that the doctors said she won't be able to pass a weak. At that time I went out of the general mansion to buy medicin for my grandmother so on the road I saw a girl few years younger than me requesting a medical shop. She looked so pitiful so I  helped her purchase some prescribed medicines. When I was about to leave the girl begged me to see her nanny and help her. I couldn't refuse her so I went with her. I never thought that she will be related to any royal clan. After meeting the nanny she revealed so many things that reall shocked me even I did not have much knowledge on that term but some truth are really terrifying to know"

Manik nodded "I have hear about it from my father but never look for details later. I thought it was just a minor matter of another royal clan but listening to you now I think there is more to know. What did the old nanny told you?"

"She was old and sick so her voice was weak and kind of unable to grab all the words she said but somehow I managed to understand some things. According to the nanny Atropa is the daughter of Sanatan King's younger sister who was engaged to marry the prince of another clan. I couldn't get the name of the other clan but I heard it clearly that she is the daughter of Sanatan princess. But the engagement go cancelled after the prince  died in assassination schemed by enemy. It says the the prince and Atropa's mother has deep relationship and bond so even after she gave birth to Atropa no one regards the baby as illegitimate but instead respected highly as the younger princess of the clan. It's quite surprising that no one brought up the matter for many years. The Sanatan king had no children because of his illness which made him unable to bear any child so he decided to make Atropa as his heir of Royalty. Though the commoners accepted it but there are some in the palace who refused to let a girl ascend the throne so they schemed to kill Atropa. When the princess knows about it she asked the older nanny to bring Atropa out of the palace to keep her safe. The older nanny has raised Atropa by the princess's side so he took her has her own child and run away with Atropa at night, and in the same night the whole Sanatan Royalty was assassinated and destroyed the whole Sanatan clan. They thought Atropa died too but the clever nanny managed to save her. But after few months she become sick and wanted to find someone to hand Atropa over and fortunately I crossed the path and Atropa accompanied me since then"

"What about the nanny?" Manik asked listening carefully.

"I heard she died a week after I brought Atropa in general mansion. Out deal was private and couldn't be discovered by other so I had to maje Atropa as a maid to avoid the attraction of enemy"

"It's good, at least you saved her life. But Atropa she was willing to follow you and even work as a maid?" Manik frowned.

Nandini chuckled "it's totally her choice. I have told her she don't have to behave like one and just to pretend before others. But that girl never listened to me. She did everything as she wanted. I have taken care of everything starting from hiring teachers to teach to educate her properly and learn everything that a princess should. She is skilled in dancing, reading, singing and even skilled in some games. Besides she had good culinary skills though. She learnt it from many famous chefs that I invited for her secretly"

Manik looked her with amusement "so the years you are hiding inside the mansion was you are secretly raising her on your own?"

Nandini smiled "I don't have any choice your majesty. Though she don't have proper title but still she has royal blood and also she is my responsibility. I had to give her everything that a princess needed and educate her with everything that a princess know. It's a common thing that she still serves me like a maid hiding all her skills except cooking. I can say that she is better and more knowledgeable than any other princess in the country. She knows palace etiquette that's why I never needed to teach them anything seperately"

"What about Ageratina?" Manik asked suddenly. He remembered that this two are the only one who are serving her.

"Ageratina is the daughter of the lead general of Sanatan royal clan. They both her good friends and almost regards as sisters. So when the plan of Atropa bring sending away was planned general personally requested for Ageratina to join them. May general knew it beforehand that the war won't lead to anything good so you can say that from Sanatan dynasty only this two girls managed to live with the older nanny who is now resting in peace"

It's really hurtful to know such a tragic events happened. If it was not fir the existence of two girls related to Sanatan dynasty he would never had the chance to know this truth. A royal clan suddenly destroyed over night and no one knew why and how. It was a clever choice that the former princess made it in right time. At least the original heir is still alive and doing good.

"Is Atropa and Ageratina their real name?" He asked again. Whenever he heard this names it's kind of strange. So he was curious about it.

Nandini chuckled "no, I gave them this names to avoid any discovery. Though it has been years since that incident but still I guess the enemies will be still in alert"

"What's their real names?"

Nandini looked at him then smiled " Atropa's name is Heena, she is regarded as the most beautiful woman in Sanatan clan. And she is indeed beautiful. As for Ageratina her name is Falak, she learnt fighting skills from her father and as her names she is brave"

Manik nodded totally agreeing. For two young girls to be able to disguise themselves so well totally hiding their own skills and live like maid is indeed act of bravery. They even willing to listen everything that Nandini says like an obedient one. After listening to everything he was quite shock.

"I think if mother hears about it she won't refuse Vaibhav's decision. But before that she needs to hear this story" Nandini sighed.

Manik gently grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it then smiled "I will handle this matter. You don't have to worry about it. But first let that brat face some difficulty. Besides it's not easy to get a princess so he need to work hard first"

Nandini chuckled "Your  Majesty are you  trying to test him on behalf of Atropa?"

Manik smiled "how can he without a fight fir a woman whom you raised personally? He at least need to show himself being worthy of Princess Heena who struggled and suffered a lot"

Nandini nodded with agreement "If that's the case then I will follow your words"

Manik didn't replied but smiled at her before he suddenly tugged her forward making her fall in his arm. And before Nandini could ask anything she felt his lips on her not letting her to refuse. She couldn't even if she want to but what she can do was let him kiss her and devour her with a hunger of passion.

After all they are married and he has right that she was willing to give him.