Coffee

A/N- hey... so I haven't updated in like a month which I'm very sorry about- I've been stressing about exams. This chapter is really short and kind of just a filler but anyway. I appreciate your votes and comments. Thanks! X

—————————————————

That evening, everyone made there way down to the great hall like normal. No one noticed a change. No one noticed how the marauders weren't pulling any pranks, how Bellatrix hadn't hexed a first year all day, how Narcissa had sat away from Lucius or, most surprisingly, how Lily Evans was sitting with the marauders and actually conversing civilly.

Alyssa found it weird how no one noticed these obvious changes. But people don't seem to see anything unless it's shoved right in front of their faces. She saw this first hand after everyone in the future denied Voldemort coming back. People don't like change.

'Alyssa?'

She had zoned out.

'Huh.'

'Hellooooo. It's Marlene.'

This made her look up as it was weird for a lion to come to the snakes den.
'What's up Marls?'
'Well I was watching you from across the hall and I think you've drunk enough coffee.'
As she finished speaking, she reached across and firmly pulled the coffee jug from Alyssa's hand which was hovering over her mug. She whined
'No! Marlene I didn't even have much.'
'You've had five cups.'
'And?'
'And it's dinner! No one sane drinks coffee at dinner- look! Your hand is literally vibrating from the caffeine.'

She looked down at sure enough her hand was vibrating obviously,
'Traitor.' She hissed to her hand.
'And now you're speaking to your hands- I think you've had enough.' Marlene snorted.

Marlene turned and passed the coffee to Regulus who was watching the encounter.
'Please pass this away from her.'
He smirked and grabbed it from her hands and passed it to Barty who passed it to Evan and he passed it to some Slytherin girl.

'Fine! I won't drink anymore coffee.' Alyssa scowled.
'I don't understand how you drink that disgusting stuff.' Narcissa said whilst scrunching up her nose in disgust,
'you don't even put any sugar in it.'

'That's because it tastes better black.' She replied rolling her eyes,
'Why even bother drinking coffee if you're going to douse it in sugar?'
'Whatever, it seems gross to me.' Bella piped up to which Alyssa retorted,
'I like coffee.'
'No no no no no.' Marlene objected, 'I like coffee, you, my friend, are addicted.'
'Well if you're going to be addicted to something then coffee is better than drugs and alcohol.' Alyssa reasoned.
'Fair.' Evan shrugged.

Andy bent over Narcissa slightly so Alyssa could hear her,
'When are we gonna...' she trailed off but it was obvious what she meant.
Tomorrow maybe?' Alyssa said almost as a question and the others nodded.

Meanwhile at the Gryffindor table, the Marauders and Lily were deep in conversation.
'So...Lily- can I call you that?- you and me are married in the future.'
'You and I.'
'Huh.'
'It's you and I are married not you and me.'
'Oh! Right yeah totally. So?'
'I'll tolerate you Po-James. But I'm not going to fall in love with you instantaneously. You have to understand that.'
'Yeah... I get it.'

Sirius, meanwhile, was whipping his head back and forth between the two as if he was watching a tennis game. Remus who noticed, kicked him hard under the table making him howl in pain catching the other's attention.

'You good?' Lily said with raised eyebrows. Sirius nodded in pain,
'Mhm. Yup, I'm so good. What about you miss Potter.' He said the last bit with a smirk and he let another pained yelp as Remus swiftly kicked him again.

Lily scowled and turned her head to instead talk to Alice, Frank and Luna.
James whacked Sirius on the head,
'You're ruining my chances mate.'
'Can everyone stop hitting me.' He exclaimed in disbelief causing Peter to chuckle and Remus to attempt to cover his smile.

————————————————————

The next day was a Sunday and in the morning, everyone who was told about the future found a note on their pillow reading:

10am. ROR. Don't be late.
AG&LL

They all instantly knew what this meant and at 9.50 they all made their way to the room of requirements. Here they all chatted for a while about the absurdity of everything they found out.

'Does anyone want coffee?' Alyssa asked.
'No more caffeine for you! Don't think I didn't see the four cups you drank at breakfast.' Marlene instantly said.
'Stop stalking me!'
'I'm not, I'm just a concerned friend who doesn't want you to die from caffeine overdose.'
'Caffeine overdose? That's not even a thing!'
'Yes it is.'
'Name one person who died from caffeine overdose.'
'You!'
'I look pretty alive to me.'
'Not for long if you keep downing coffee.'
'Bullshit.'
'Language!'
'You can't talk.'
'Watch me!'
'Is anyone else extremely confused about what's going on?' Evan asked.
'That makes two of us.' Regulus agreed.
'SHUT UP!' Marlene and Alyssa both yelled.
'Never mind. Keep going.' Evan shrugged.
'Good. I-... what were we fighting about?' Alyssa said in confusion.
'It was about- Huh. You know what I can't remember.'
'Never mind then! Hug?'
'Sure!'
They hugged each other, leaving the others to stare at them and each other in confusion.
'What just happened?' Pandora asked.
'God only knows.' Lily sighed.
'Who's-'
'NO!' Alyssa cut Bella off, 'I swear if you ask who God is one more time.'
'Why doesn't someone just answer me!'
'Because you're annoying.'
'Go fuck yourself.'
'Fuck off bitch.'
'I have never been more confused in my life.' Frank muttered. 'I've lost track of what the argument is about.'
'Same.' Remus nodded.

'Well! On that note, shall we start watching second year memories?' Luna asked, 'I'm introduced this year!' She added excitedly.
'Sure.' Pandora said kindly, smiling at her daughter's excitement.

Alyssa nodded and pulled a vial from her pocket full of silvery blue threads. She then pulled the stopper from the top and tipped the vial's contents into the pensieve.