10

Chapter 10 - Finding her

Their phone rang.

Emilia picked it up since the brothers were busy talking to the minister. She swiftly walked out of the room and picked up the call. "Emilia, speaking," she answered. "Mrs. Broome," the manager replied, very well acquainted with their secretary.

"Boss told me to inform them if someone left the penthouse. I just saw the notification that someone used their private elevator," he informed. "I will let them know when the meeting is over," she cut off the call.

She was not aware of how important the message was. She prioritized the meeting since she was not aware of their woman. And this worked in Iris's luck so that she could run away from them.

After one hour of the call, the meeting ended. Emilia handed them the notes she took during the meeting.

"Mr. Sinclair, the Manager called, said someone left the penthouse," she informed. The brothers stopped dead on track.

"When was the call?" Jasper asked hurriedly. "An hour ago," she responded. "Why the fuck didn't you informed us," Elias snarled at her. Emilia flinched back the harsh tone. She still maintained her professional composure. "I was not aware it was an important message," she explained, holding back her fear.

Jasper and Elias didn't bother with her reply and stormed off.

Emilia stood blank at what just happened. She sighed. She was used to this temperament of theirs.

Elias called Peter. To his bad luck, Peter was not picking up his call. Three calls and he didn't pick up. "Drive faster," Jasper barked. Edward pressed on the accelerator, not caring about the traffic rules that he was going to break.

Elias slammed open the door to the apartment. He took long strides in to see the knocked-out Peter lying on the floor. He grabbed the glass of water and poured it onto him.

Peter jerked up.

Jasper came out, searching the entire apartment. "She is NOT here," he said darkly. His jaw ticked at the information. "What the fuck happened?" he hissed at the incompetent fool.

"B-Boss," Peter shuddered. He knew; he was done for. He gritted his teeth. He underestimated the girl, thinking the most harm she could do was by crying. He lowered his guards, and she used it to her benefit.

"Speak," Elias barked. "I turned to get Ms. Iris some food, but she knocked me with a lamp," he admitted, ashamed. "You were trained in combat for three years to fight assassins and a nineteen-year-old grail girl knocked you out cold," Jasper's anger soared as he grabbed Peter by his throat.

"Raj," Elias called his hacker. Raj gulped hearing the ominous tone. "Block Iris's bank accounts, cards, phone number, and get me the footage of the building," he growled, controlling his rage. "I want every single of our trackers finding her," he said, cutting off the call abruptly.

"You are going to the base," Elias looked at Peter. He was going to take care of this boy who let her escape. Peter shuddered at the name of the base. He knew what was going to happen to him. It was still better than death. He nodded and scurried away.

"She is so going to regret running away from us," Jasper laughed. But his laugh didn't contain any mirth, just dark intentions. Elias clenched his fist.

---

Iris didn't know why, but she shivered suddenly.

She took the taxi and let the driver drive to a cheap hotel. She was well aware she could be tracked, so she booked a room there and didn't stay; instead, she walked away, finding another hotel.