Chapter 46

Previously on Chapter 45

"Nevermind..." Aang said, in dejected voice. "Oh, it's okay, Aang... I'm sure if you keep trying, she's going to notice you..." I said, wrapping my arms around his shoulder. He smiles at me. "Thanks, sis..." he said. I grin at him and wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back, nuzzling his face into my hair.

-Aunt Wu Is Wrong-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm just walking around the village. Aang and Sokka is no where to be seen. While Katara have been going back and forth to meet Aunt Wu. I can't believe she's actually believing that. I mean... at first I thought it was genuine and real... but after the way the villagers react, I don't think it's real anymore.

I look up in the distance and see Aang. He's talking to Katara. I can see Katara holding a papaya in her hands. I make my way towards them.

"So... papaya?" Aang said, leaning against the shop's pole. He have a bored look on his face as he talks to Katara. I look at him in confusion. What's going on with him? Why is he acting so weird?

"Uh huh, would you like some?" She said. "You know me... I don't really care what I eat" he said, picking up an apple and take a bite. Okay... he's getting more weird.

"Okay then, see you later..." Katara said, turning to walk away. I watch as Aang spits out the Apple. "I guess aloof isn't my style..." he said, sounding upset with himself.

I stand next to him. "Aloof? What are you talking about?" I said. "Ahhhh!!!" He yelled, turning to me. He starts breathing rapidly as he stares at me.

"You go from weird to strange

"You go from weird to strange. What's up with you?" I said, raising an eyebrow at him. He gulps and take a deep breath to calm down. "Nothing..." he said. "I don't buy that..." I said, crossing my arms across my chest. He just sighs and hung his head.

"Ahh... now I know. You asked Sokka how to attract his sister's attention, are you not?" I said. "How did you know??" He said, shocked. "Welp... you're my brother. Of course I know. Besides... the only person who's going to tell you to be aloof is none other than Sokka. I mean... who else!" I said. "Right..." he said. I let out a huff and flick his forehead.

"Ouch! What is that for??" He said. "The only way to attract girl's attention is by asking a girl! Why'd you ask a guy who's never dated anyone..." I said. "Oh... great, now I feel very stupid" he said, in realization. "Uh huh... good that you know..." I said, rolling my eyes. He glares at me playfully, making me stick my tongue out at him.

"Oh! A panda lily!!" I hear someone said. I turn my head to see a girl. A guy gave her a panda lily. Aang's eyes lit up with interest. "Did you see that??" Aang said. I turn to look at him, to see him not next to me anymore.

"Excuse me..." I hear his voice. I turn my head to see him appearing in between the new couple. "Aang... what the heck are you doing?" I said. He ignores me and points at the flower. "Where can a guy find one of those things?" He said. I face-palm at the way my brother is acting right now. I really can't with this guy.

Time-skip

The man told us that it's by the volcano. So Aang is making me and Sokka go with him. Well... Aang and I have no problem in climbing, but I can't say the same for Sokka.

I stop jumping and turn to look at him. I can see him struggling to climb up. He climbs another rocks and sighs, looking frustrated and exhausted.

"I can't believe you're dragging me all the way up here for a stupid flower..." he said. "Well... I can't believe YOU made my brother believe that being aloof can attract a girl's attention" I said, crossing my arms.

"Not just any flower... a panda lily! I've seen it in action and boy, does it work!" He said. "Flowers are fine once you're married. But at this early stage. It's critical that you maintain maximum aloofness..." he said.

"But my heart is telling me to get this flower, and Aunt Wu said if I trusted my heart, I will be with the one I love..." he said. He continues to climb up the mountain.

"What? Don't tell me you believe in that stuff, too!" Sokka said, sounding annoyed. "So you suggests he should believe you instead... by acting aloof?" I said, placing my hands on my hip. "Hey! I'm just saying. I know about girls..." he said. I scoffed at what he just said.

"Oh... so you know about girls more than a girl?" I said. "I didn't... I... uhh..." he stuttered out. "Just as I thought. Do NOT tell my brother to do weird things again. I'm watching you!" I said, doing the iconic hand gesture. He gulps at what I said. I roll my eyes and turns to chase after Aang.

"There! On the rim!!" He said. He jumps up there. He picks one up and sniff it. I land next to him. I turn to look into the volcano and gasps. Aang have the same reaction. The lava is boiling. It looks like it's about to erupt any moments.

"Oh no... Aunt Wu was wrong..." Aang said, in pure horror. "Come on! We gotta warn the others!!" I said, I grab his hand. I turn around and starts to jump down the mountain.

"Hey! Wait for me!!" I hear Sokka yelled behind me. "Hurry up, slowpoke!" I yelled back. "Hey! I don't have air-bending power!" He yelled. I let out a huff and push Aang to go ahead.

I turn and jumps back up. I make Sokka's arm go around my shoulder and jump with him. He lets out a shriek along the way. But I ignore him and speed up instead.

We have to hurry... we don't have much time. The villagers are in danger. It's up to us to save them. I've failed to protect people in the past... I refuse to fail again! No... not this time.

*to be continued*