Chapter 43: Lemillion! Hashira! Deku!

---

"I will become your hero!" 

Disgusted, Overhaul wipes dirt from his face, "Come back, Eri. Killed? How many times do I have to tell you? You break people. That's how you were born." 

"No.. You shouldn't..." Eri tries tell Togata to run away. However, Togata tells her to not listen to Chisaki's words.

 Overhaul becomes annoyed that Eri's selfishness has caused him the need to get his hands dirty and mocks Eri for her existence being a curse.

"How can you say that to your own child?!" Togata asked.

"Huh? Oh, I see. That's the story I told you... I don't have any children."

Overhaul activates his Quirk, crumbling the entire cave floor, it quickly reassembles the floor into a bed of spikes that collide into each other in an attempt to crush Togata and Eri.

"He didn't care that she was here."

Overhaul launches more spikes at Togata without any worry about Eri's safety since he can just "repair" her easily and reveals to Togata that Eri has experienced it firsthand. 

Overhaul's words enrage Togata but he's forced to keep dodging to keep Eri out of danger.

"What'll you do if Eri gets injured? Under these conditions, I'm the only one who can heal her."  Overhaul sealed off any means of escape.

Chronostasis recovers and threatens to shoot Togata. He targets Togata's arm that's cradling Eri while Overhaul erases his cover. Lemillion cloaks them both in his cape which throws off Chronostasis's aim.

Lemillion takes Chronostasis by surprise and disarms Chronostasis, but the villain gets away unharmed after Overhaul extends the platform he was sitting on.

Overhaul moves to destroy her to ruin his morale. 

"That's the kind of guy you are, right?" Lemillion phases a strong right hook through Overhaul's defending hand and lands a direct hit to the villain's face. "A hero puts on his cape to cloak tormented little girl's in its comfort!"

He admits Overhaul is strong but overpowers him with and reveals that he's even stronger.

Determined to reunite with Overhaul, Nemoto drags his defeated body to the site of the skirmish.

"Master!"

"Wh-? I thought I knocked him out completely!" 

"Nemoto! Shoot!" Overhaul opens a hole for Nemoto to enter and orders him to take the gun and the perfected Quirk Erasing Bullets.

He knows he can't waste a shot and that Lemillion will be able to avoid it. 

Instead, he shoots the bullet at Eri. She prepares to take the pain as she always has, but Lemillion is determined to rescue her from that despair.

'I won't make you sad anymore!' Togata lunges himself in the path of the bullet and sacrifices his amazing Quirk for Eri with a smile.

Overhaul taunts Togata for being a diseased man with foolish dreams that are lost now.

"Thinking you can actually become something is an illness of the mind. It's funny! With the power of that girl you've come here to save, everything you've worked to cultivate.. has now gone to waste!"

Suddenly, Togata launches Chronostasis's unconscious body at Overhaul to cover his advance. He delivers a strong punch that hurts Overhaul's defending arm

Despite Togata being under Sakaki's Quirk, 

in spite of losing his own Quirk, 

Lemillion fights on to protect the girl.