[Chapter 42: Demonic Devotion]

"Hannibal...? You were worried too...?" You asked in bemusement, surprise shooting across your face as you became perplexed by the psychiatrist's words. "I...I don't understand. All I did was go visit Jason in Camp Crystal Lake. And he would never hurt me—"

"Nonetheless, we can't be sure of that." Hannibal gently interjected; holding your waist with both hands and whirling you around to face him before leaning his forehead lightly against yours. "He's emotionally unstable. Not to mention he's shown to behave like a child most of the time."

"But he's never hurt me before." You retaliated stubbornly, not understanding where all this backlash towards Jason was bubbling from. "Really, the only thing he did earlier was twirl me around and give me a hug. I - personally - don't find that to be emotionally unstable."

"Besides, if you want to blame anyone for trying to attack (Y/n), I'd say blame her." Pennywise sarcastically drawled, rolling his golden eyes and shaking his head.

"Oh? And what would I want to blame her for?" Hannibal inquired curiously, shifting his attention towards Pennywise instead.

"For wanting to play heroine." Penny scoffed with slight resentment - still sounding annoyed by your previous actions.

"He's irritated because I stood in front of Jason." You sighed in exasperation, moving back so you could converse with all four slashers and explain. "I didn't want Michael to attack him - so I tried to prevent the fight from happening in the first place, that's all. Anyway, Penny saved me, so—"

"(Y-Y/n)-! Why would you even t-try something l-like that-!?" Norman worriedly cried, hugging you from the side and snuggling into your shoulder. "That's just so...so dangerous-!"

"But I was just—"

"Norman's right, (Y/n). That sounds extremely hazardous." Hannibal criticised seriously, the psychiatrist clearly not pleased by your behaviour as he shot you a very stern stare. "Michael and Jason are both ridiculously violent. You could've gotten severely hurt back there, had - I'm assuming - Pennywise not intercepted."

"I GEE. YO ᔕᕼOᑌᒪᗪᑎ'T ᕼᗩᐯE TOO I ᖴᖇOT O OOᖇᕼEE IKE TᕼᗩT. Y TTᗩᑕK Oᑌᒪᗪ'E EᗩᒪᒪY ᕼᑌᖇT YO." [A/N: "I AGREE. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE STOOD IN FRONT OF VOORHEES LIKE THAT. MY ATTACK COULD'VE REALLY HURT YOU."] Michael swiftly wrote, passing you his notepad a second later and gazing at you with an icy expression.

"But it didn't." You protested feebly, handing the stalker's response back to him before heading into the slasher house with a sheepish look. "I'm fine. Really, all I need is some food and then some sleep."

"A-At least let us - m-me - cook for y-you-!" Norman desperately begged, following you from behind and clutching one of your arms with both of his. "Please...! Y-You must be e-exhausted-!"