ATE - Extras 5

Hey!

It's me!

Again!

:3

First of all, I apologize for the false updates; my finger slipped twice, and I wasn't ready to upload (the utter adrenaline and humiliation when that occurs is scary).

Second, I saw something on a comment (I think a request) that expressed confusion with the canonicity rating of shorts. Basically, canonicity is how a short relates to the main story, and if it even happens in the story. I will explain.

Canon: this rating means that a short most definitely occurred in the ATE timeline, and it would be considered "in the story."

Not canon: this rating means that a short is simply a what-if or doesn't work well with the story; this would not be considered true to the characters in the story.

Alternate timeline: this indicates a branching off from the true timeline of ATE, and that several shorts may take place in that timeline. These are not true to the regular story, but are somewhat like AUs in correlation to ATE.

Anything else placed under that rating should be self-evident, and sometimes, two might be put together. Hopefully, this clears up any confusion.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

"Oops?"

Classification: angst.

Warnings: Ink's terrible decisions, memory and overconfidence.

Canonicity: not canon.

This short was requested by TYRANN0S!

Error 404 is owned by SHADIKALY.

~~~~~

Ink's point of view.

Today was the day. It was going to happen! I was going to do this!

"I can't do this.." I whimpered, lying on my bed.

"Can't do what..?" Dusty, my little Dusty..my little right hand who was never going to be put in this type of situation..

"Dusty, I have ruled over this multiverse for three hundred years." I sighed. "I'm going to conquer another."

"Oh..I can help!"

"No!" I quickly shook my skull. "No, Dusty, you are going to stay right here."

"..May I ask why?"

"I need someone to watch the empire while I'm gone."

"Can't Papyrus do it?"

"No, Dusty, because he's coming with me."

"..Why are you taking him instead of..me?" Dusty gave an expression of dejection.

"Dusty, I would take you, but I don't know what we're going to be up against, and if you were killed in a different multiverse, I would never forgive myself."

"Couldn't you just reset me?"

"..Not from there. I'm sorry, Dusty, but I'd rather lose Papyrus than you, if it comes to that."

"..Okay." Dusty nodded with a smile. "Then..can I help you get ready?"

"Of course, Dusty; I'd love that."