48. FAINTING ROBIN

"If I can stop one heart from breaking

I shall not live in vain

If I can ease one life the aching

Or cool one pain..."

Namjoon's spoon vaguely whirls inside the porcelain bowl as he continues to relish every single word of Emily Dickinson in a feeble tone.

"...Or help one fainting robin

Unto his nest again

I shall not live in vain..."

The ladle in your hand joins the looping soup swirls as you finish the remaining lines of that profound poem.

Namjoon's surprise swamped gaze hoists up from the bowl, "You read Emily Dickinson? Wow, that's a pleasant surprise, she is one of my favourite poets since high school."

"Not very often, but I do whenever I feel kinda low, I tend to seek solace in her words in such hard times." You pour a bowl of Kongnamul Guk for yourself and proceed to fill another bowl for Jungkook who is furiously kicking the shit out of someone in his PSP console, beside you.

"True! Her words pierce through my heart and comfort my soul. My favourite piece of Emily is a poem called 'I'm nobody! Who are you?' " His eyes shine with a glint of light like a teen boy unboxing his Christmas gift

"I'm Nobody! Who are you?

Are you - Nobody - too?

Then there's a pair of us!

Don't tell! they'd advertise - you know!

the congenial hint of satire here never fails to crack me up!"
You mirror his enthusiasm since you got a rare soul with whom you can talk about your favourite poet for hours and years.

"How dreary - to be - Somebody!

How public - like a frog -

To tell one's name - the livelong June -

To an admiring Bog!

as a guy under public scrutiny almost every day of life, the way she playfully hauls the reader into a neighbourly conspiracy of anonymity never ceases to win my heart." This time he finishes the remaining verse and his dimples greet you as he throws a warm smile at you.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN WIN ME YOU STUPID SEAGULL! I'M JEON JUNGKOOK! HAHAHAHA..." Jungkook's holler of victory shatters the peaceful ambience and disperses the poetic aura suffused in the air.

A sigh of disappointment departs Namjoon's nostrils.

But you couldn't conceal the strong hue of dismay in your eyes, your piercing gaze halts over Jungkook's side profile for compressed minutes and successfully hauls his attention towards you.

"What?" he asks in a demanding tone.

"Like for a minute or something, can you kindly stop being a synonym for disappointment, Mr Jeon?" Your daring gaze pierces through him.

"Ya! Just because I don't care about those boring poems, you think I'm stupid? Well, then let me test your intelligence now! Tell me, what language do people living in the centre of the earth speaks?" the drama queen living inside his head rent-free pops out to appease his ego by proving you wrong, he slams his console over the table and peers at your stone face.

"Jungkooka, first of all, no human can survive there, its around 5430 degrees Celsius in there which is too hot for human survival, which nullifies your question_"