IX.

⊱ ────── {

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

I dragged my feet on the way to class, my green hoodie tightly wrapped around my body. It wasn't cold that day but there were so many people asking for an interview I almost froze the whole world with how stressed I was. I took the limo and even when I got out of it I got bombarded with questions, flashing lights and multiple bodies. I hurried up the steps and rushed in through the doors. Aizawa was already standing at the front desk. I slammed open the front door and huffed out of breath.

"Y/N you're late."

"Wait but--"

"I know, I know. They were holding you up. Just take a seat in the back." As i walked down to my seat he continued to speak. "Like I was saying, the UA Sports Festival is about to start."

Momo raised her hand and asked, "Wait a second. Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside? They could attack once we're all in the same place."

"Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever." He answered the girl, he looked at my green hoodie warning me silently. "Plus they're beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains."

Kamanari immediately jumped in, Mineta right on his trail. "Uh, I'm sorry, but why not?"

"It's just a sports festival!"

"Huh? Mineta, don't you know how important this competition is?" Tsu hummed.

"Of course I do! I just don't wanna get murdered."

"Our sports festival is one of the most watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games. But then Quirks started appearing. Now, the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters."

"The UA Sports Festival." Aizawa hummed, "And top heroes everywhere I will be watching. This is where you get scouted. Sure, unless you're dead. She's right. After graduating, a lot of people join pro agencies as a sidekick.

"Yeah, but that's as far as some people go. They miss their chance to go indie and stay eternal sidekicks. Actually, that's probably where you're headed. You're kinda dumb" Bakugou snickers at his little joke insulting Kamanari.

"It's true that joining a famous hero agency can garner you greater experience and popularity. That's why the festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day, then this event could open the path for you. One chance a year. Three chances in a lifetime. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. That means you better not slack off on your training."