Chapter 61 - Meeting the dragons

Cracking her eye open slightly, Rosalie glared at the three cubs currently running over her legs. This happened most mornings, but she didn't blame them, she hadn't been spending enough time with them lately. So today she decided she was going to take them to the reserve with her. Her arms made cracking noises as she stretched them above her head.

Jumping from the bed, she quickly grabbed her clothes and got dressed. She checked the time using the tempus charm and she noticed happily that is was 5:30am, so plenty of time to see if she could help whoever was making breakfast that morning.

Before she left Rosalie remembered to write a note to Sirius and Remus telling them where she had gone and reminding Sirius that he had agreed for her to go.

With that done Rosalie left the cottage, with the cubs following close behind. She practically skipped towards the food tent, she wasn't really sure why she was in such a good mood but she felt amazing.

10 minutes later she was walking into the tent, watching the twenty or so other people walking sleepily into the tent as well. A few people looked at her oddly as she entered, but she was mostly ignored by everyone. When she walked into the kitchen her eyes widened in surprise, it reminded her of the kitchens in restaurants, with its many ovens and stoves so that multiple people could cook at once. Well, if restaurants were old fashioned and had mostly open fires that you cook everything on. At the fire furthest away from the door, and therefore furthest from any other person, stood the large form of Dimitri. Rosalies eyes lit up when she saw him and she immediately rushed over to him.

Dimitri looked at her in surprise when he noticed Rosalie coming his way, "What are you doing here?" he questioned.

"I thought I'd come and help with breakfast, if that's alright" she said happily.

He frowned at her in confusion "it is not even 6am yet, what are you even doing up. I thought teenagers didn't get up until at least 8am, especially when on holiday".

"Well I suppose most do, but I was never really allowed to" Rosalie shrugged.

"Not allowed to? I do not understand" Dimitri said confusion evident in tone.

Rosalie cringed, she hadn't meant for it to come out like that, "it doesn't matter".

Dimitri stared at her critically "before you mentioned that you were forced to cook by your Aunt, is this apart of that".

"I believe I said she allowed me to cook" Rosalie laughed nervously.

The frosty look Dimitri gave her made Rosalies hope of fooling anyone crash and burn. She sighed quietly before finally saying "fine yes I was forced to cook, which meant I had to get up early everyday. But its not like I don't enjoy cooking, so I don't understand what the problem is".

This made Dimitri sigh in irritation, it was not that he minded her help, it would actually be a relief with the amount of people he had to cook for. However she was young and no child should be as mature as this child was. "Fine, you may help me cook, but you must follow my every instruction, do you understand" which made Rosalies whole face light up in joy and she happily nodded to his demands. "Also those little beasts need to be out of the kitchen" Dimitri finished pointing at the cubs.

Rosalie nodded a lot less happily at this, "Right, Amara, Boipelo, Jelani out of the kitchen go play in the hall" she demanded the cubs, who happily ran out of the kitchen and started play fighting.

"Okay, first we are making fried eggs with sliced sausages, which have already been cooked, we are also making ones with grated cheese, which is in the that bowel there and we will also be making plain ones. We will be making other things after this such as pancakes and porridge, but just focus on the eggs for now. All of this will take a while as we have to make quite a few of each" he said grabbing the already cooked sausages and placing them in front of them.