❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

As you may have noticed, updates will be a bit slower for a while since I've been very busy lately! I will still update often, so no worries about me neglecting this story anytime soon, I got a lot of chapters planned out :D

——————♡——————

"Here you are! No need to cry, see? She's safe!"

The peppy and enthusiastic girl sent a bright smile to the teary eyed child, who looked up through his cloudy eyes from the voice. He held back a hiccup with a deep intake of breath, his small fists aggressively wiping away at his eyes as his vision focused on the image in front of him. 

The girl's loose hair gently swayed in the breeze, strands moving in her face but she made no effort to push them away because she held a small creature within her two hands, and she didn't want to scare the little creature any further than it already was with sudden movement.

The boy then tugged at his sleeve so that it covered a majority of his hand, his hand flying up to wipe at the stray tears since his small fists weren't helping much. His eyes were visibly reddened, a little puffy at the bottom from the excessive amount of crying he had been doing partnered with the aggressive rubbing of his eyes from trying to stop those tears.

Once he had a better view, he once again looked up, his sight much clearer than before. What he saw made his hiccups nearly stop completely, though his small body still racked with barely noticeable bounces showing they weren't fully gone, just being suppressed. 

His eyes went from cloudy to starry real quick as he looked at the kitten being held in the girl's outstretched hands, one very familiar to him.

"T-thank you! Thank you so much, Miss Knight!" The small boy exclaimed suddenly as he stumbled forward, reaching his much smaller hands to grab the kitten out of the Knight's larger ones. The kitten purred as the girl had softly run her nails atop its head, as if to say goodbye, before lowering it so that the boy could take it back.

"It's no problem! All in a days work." She replied, her jovial grin never fading as she wiped down her top from any cat hair with a few swipes of her hand.

The boy nearly suffocated the kitten as he clutched it to his chest, the kitten pawing at him playfully since it was really enjoying its time with the knight. He looked up in awe while he steadied his breaths, trying to calm down from his previous sobbing fit that lasted nearly a whole hour in his moments of distress.

"How can I ever repay you?" He asked, pursing his lips together as he wondered if he would have to beg his parents for Mora. If that were the case, they wouldn't be willing to take him out this week to the bakery to get any sweet he wanted, and that was his favorite part of the week.

The girl simply put her hands above her knees and crouched down so that she was eye level with the child, showing a close eyed smile as she pat his head with her gloved hand, the boy sinking slightly with every bit of pressure she added while she ruffled his hair around.

Internally, the girl cooed at the adorable child clutching onto the kitten, thinking it was an adorable sight paired with his kind personality of being so considerate as to offer her payment, even though it was her job to help the people of Mondstadt. 

"No need! Just say the word if you ever need my help, and I'll be there!"

Before the boy could even think about thanking her once again, the loud shouting of someone's voice made both of their focus' dart towards where it had came from, curious to see who expressed the distressed shouting. They hadn't anticipated for the owner of the voice to be rapidly approaching them, the person's frantic eyes making contact with the two of theirs.

"AMBERRRRR!" (Y/N) dashed straight ahead, their bag desperately trying to remain close to them, but was frantically flying behind them because of the pace they were running at.