Chapter 105: Chained

(Art by me. Hunter as Emperor with a crow mask)

(Violence this chapter)

Hunter's P.O.V.

"We need to keep moving. Keep looking." I say to myself as we walk on through the luxurious hallway. And soon we come to another part of the hall and away from the throne room with a beating heart. We each search rooms separately to save more time. Then I look to other rooms further away from the twins but making sure they're nearby.

The last room I search is around the corner, but nothing too. And soon I turn around on my heel to head back to the twins but hear a loud, dramatic yell. "What are you doing in here- You... Where's The Golden Guard?!" Kikimora? Not again!

I rush to see the scene and find Kikimora with a circle created in the air, but not a fully completed circle. A threat to my emerald. Emira stands to her side, but Kikimora aims an almost completed circle to her as well. "If you tell me, I won't take you to The Emperor myself. I just need him, and you'll all be in one piece. And I notice in one hand, she's holding that chain used to restrain me.

As she says this, I take out two pieces of paper, having the symbols of ice glyphs. Very small ones to create those icicle spears. And I now have two as I walk up sneakily to Kikimora from behind. Quickly walking but making an effort to keep silent.

"Just tell m-" I raise one of the icicles to her, aiming it to the back of her head, but my shadow cloaks the floor around her, making her turn around. With a massive gasp, she creates a circle in the air, a blast of pink shooting right above my belly and below my chest, but I hold onto the two ice weapons. She circles her finger in the air once again, but before the shape is completed, I stab at her.

Unfortunately, she dodges. I stab at her again, and again, the weapons constantly piercing into the ground as she dodges, but with no time to use her magic while yelling "Get away!" Constantly. Doesn't stop me from stabbing at her with no avail till she's backed up against a wall. This time, I use both at once to strike her square in the face, but she ducks and rolls away. "Stop moving!"

She hurls the chain at me, the painful chunk of metal clamping down onto my right arm, so painful I drop the icicle in the specific hand. "You're coming with us! And this time we're not letting you go!" She tugs the chain, ready to pull me with her. Edric leaps to her, and gets her down.

Emerald punches her in the cheek as she readies for another circle, but before that can happen, I pull the chain she's holding onto. Pulling her to me closer and closer as I still have an icicle in the other hand. Getting her even more closer, I raise the weapon and ready to pierce into the center of her face. I should've done this a long time ago.

(Spelling and grammar? And I adore feral Hunter. It's pretty much the equivalent of poking a baby T-Rex with a stick while the mother watches.)