eight.

cw: major jjk manga spoiler (character death)

'maki loml' - others thoughts
'yuta loml' - yours and their thoughts

soon enough, you and the older woman, who earlier introduced herself as nagi yoshino, pulled up in an apartment building, "we're here!"

nagi went out and opened the door for you before taking your bags from the trunk, you just silently followed, not that she minded. the two of you climbed up five flights of stairs before she stopped in front of a door at the end of the hallway, "junpei! mai! i'm back!"

not even a second later, the door swung open, courtesy of a thin young man with green eyes and brown hair that reached to his shoulders, "mom! mai is being mean again!", then he stumbled forward by a hit on the back of his head, "ow!"

"shut up!"

nagi gave the male your bags and grabbed your hand, taking you inside with her, "mai, i told you not to hit your older brother didn't i?"

"... you did? ehehe- oh, who's that?"

an oh-so-familiar female with mid-length black hair that reached to her neck pointed at you, once she realized who you were, her eyes widened and her hands immediately slammed into her mouth.

'Y/N?!'

'MAI?!'

'SHE DIED?!'

nagi looked between you and mai, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "you two know each other?"

mentally agreeing with each other to talk about it later, you both shook your head no.

"o...kay?", she lightly chuckled before pointing at the two, "that's mai and that's junpei"

you remembered itadori briefly telling you a story about a boy named junpei who was manipulated by mahito who in the end, ended up dying by his hands. he was nice to your favorite first year so you were gonna be nice to him.