- ; [ 012 ]

TW: graphic words idk
———————
It's been a few days since baking the cake for Navier's birthday and her and Sovieshu's departure to the Imperial Villa for her birthday.

When you came to see her off that day, it turned out that urgent business had come and Sovieshu had no choice but to arrive a few hours after her. You insisted that you do his work so they'd spend her birthday to the fullest, but he firmly refused. You guessed he was preparing some kind of grand gift for her and it ended up arriving late.

It took him the whole morning to finish whatever business he had to deal with, and it physically hurt you to watch Rashta beg the man to take her with him. Thank god he wasn't a complete dumbass and refused her request. You didn't see him off personally and instead waves him a simple goodbye from one of the balconies.

"Has the bridge been fixed? If it has, inform me immediately." You turn to one of the butlers in charge of transportation.

"I was informed the bridge would be fully fixed by tonight. Shall I have your belongings prepared, my Lady?" He bows, lowering his head and not daring to meet your eyes.

You think for a moment, "What time will The Emperor and Empress be returning?"

"Tomorrow a few hours before midday. However, if some problems arise, it may be much longer than that."

You nod, "Have my things prepared when the two arrive."

For now, in the absence of the two rulers, you'd be in charge as the acting Emperor and Empress. If they encounter any problems on their way, you'd have to stay in charge and you'd prefer not to. Managing an Empire was a headache in it of itself.

"Have every worker gather in the dining hall by 7pm, and prepare a dinner meal for them. I'll be in charge of the costs. Don't spend any money under Sovieshu and Navier's names." You instruct the head maid.

"Yes, your majesty."

Sometimes being called, 'your majesty' added for too much to your ego, but you were far too used to being called 'lady' that the high title being referred to you set you off by the tiniest bit.

Now your second problem was Rashta. If she causes problems then the Royal family would surely be in danger. Everyone was aware of Sovieshu and Navier's leave, so the enemy will surely take the chance to overclaim the crown and it's riches. The fact that the Eastern Empire was running on a shortage of mages didn't help your case much either.

But you had hope that break-ins wouldn't be as problematic as last year given your response to the assholes who tried to literally steal the throne and break into the room full of the royal family's riches. (You might have gone overboard with hanging a thief's head over their doorsteps, but you reasoned you wanted to have a good night's sleep and they just happened to come at the wrong time.)

You look down on your watch, '6:30' that should be more than enough time to talk to Rashta.

"Your Majesty, Miss Rashta is having a conversation with the Viscount at the moment." The maid walking by your side comments, noticing the way your eyes hover towards the room of Rashta.

"Her previous Master?"

"...Y-yes your Majesty."

"I see. You may leave." You wave her off with a nonchalant look and stop in front of the Mistress's room, slightly leaning against the door to listen in.

"I'm raising a child. Don't you think you should give me some financial support?"

"what for?'

"Don't you know how expensive it is to feed, clothe, and raise a child?"