𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

It's the day of the performance. Mini-performance. Whatever. The whole crew is up at the crack of dawn, having heard about the advent of their boss's legendary performance later in the evening. He thought you would be the only one to watch him, but he has no right to protest. You might actually cut back on some parts of your promise if he does something you don't like.

He's in the practice room with your friend, Jerry, and Brad. Brad and Jerry are as calm as ever. He tries to take on the same unbothered demeanor as the instructor goes over a few reminders concerning the dance. But he's nervous. Knowing you'll be watching, that his family will be watching. And that whoever is part of his family is also a more intimate part of you, and that whoever he is, he'll be watching too.

"And Jake." The no-bullshit tone of your friend pulls him from his thoughts. "Don't look at the special person in your audience. If you have one. It will distract you." The instructor smoothens imaginary wrinkles in Jake's casual wear. "Just focus on your body. On the movements. On what you practiced. In the end, you will succeed."

The instructor clasps his shoulder. Jake clasps his right back. "Thank you, (Y/N)'s friend."

"Of course. I had a wonderful time with—wait, are you telling me you don't even know my name?"

Jake looks at Brad and Jerry. He nods to each of them. Together, they walk out of the practice room to head backstage. The instructor whose name must not be known yells after them, having been made fully cognizant that these thugs never even knew the name of someone who had put their blood, sweat, and tears into teaching them.

"You ready, boys?" Jake says.

"Always, boss," Jerry and Brad respond in sync.

Jake checks his watch. 7:54 p.m. He peeks from behind the curtains constructed as part of the makeshift stage you'd erected specially for him. A large crowd has formed around the stage. He recognizes all the faces he sees. Yours stands out. Your eyes are alight, laughing at something Jason Yoon is saying. The crowd of bodies presses around you, and you seem to enjoy the explosiveness of the moment, the anticipation rife in the air. You check your watch, grasping Jason's arm and shaking him vigorously. Jake checks his own watch, swallowing the hard pill that is the possibility of you and Jason being in a relationship at the same time. It's 8:00 p.m. Show time.

"Let's go, Dance Crew."

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Oh shit, he's good.

And oh yeah, is Jake Kim good. Jerry and Brad aren't as bad either. But Jake? He seems to have learned a lot from your friend. He pops at just the right moments and with perfect intensity. But there's a shyness to him as well. Though this quality of his is alluring. It draws you closer to the stage, to the point where you're standing right below him. His eyes wander. He avoids your eyes, and the probing, bulging stares of the rest of the crowd. You cheer along with the crew, screaming your head off and using Jason as support while you jump and down.

A secret moment between you and Jake is shared when he's forced to look down as part of one move. "Don't be surprised, you know I'm freaky~~" sing the speakers. Jake mouths the words, lost in the music and unconscious of his actions. His eyes are on you the whole time. Jason smacks at the hand you have around his arm as you hold the limb tighter in your grip, an abashed grin spreading on your mouth. Jake smiles back at you, then looks away to perform a smooth, flowing body roll.