Never Thought

*Comment and Vote and get ready for Baby Collins Announcement🥰🥰*

Driving to his storage, Robert huffed as he looked at his phone. Diana had came home after the doctor appointment and couldn't wait to tell Robert about running into Melinda. He did his best to hide the smile on his face at the mention of her. That was what he wanted to happen. He needed eyes on her at every corner. It was when Diana started harping on how shitty Mel looked and how she was definitely getting her karma, that Robert found himself glaring at his 'girlfriend'. How dare she talk about his wife like that? Melinda was absolutely beautiful to him all day everyday.

It took Diana to put a cream on her random ass rash and taking a pill that made her fall asleep, just for Robert to be able to look up Mel's locations. From Women's New Dawn, to a quick stop at Walgreens, and a trip to Trader Joe's before she headed back to the home of his enemy. He wanted to drive by. He wanted to burst through but that wasn't logical. He wasn't trying to get killed on sight. He had to be smart. Muttering the lyrics to So I Can Have You Back by Joe, he heard a ding. "And where are you going beautiful?"

A couple days had passed and Derrick ended up having to stay for a few more days in Houston. I was getting antsy. I needed to tell him. I needed to tell somebody. "Why didn't you tell Jo?" Because I just needed the first person I say it out loud to, to be Derrick. Plus I was planning how I was going to tell Jo. She and Dom were so wrapped up in their own baby news, I probably only heard from her when she went on lunch. Dom was very excited to be a daddy and he was literally smothering Jo with love. I wanted some of that from Derrick. "So what happened?" I was feeling better by day 3. By day 4 I was basically back to normal aside from the morning sickness.

Dawn wanted me to come back in just to make sure I was free of the flu and to do another ultrasound. This time we were actually able to see this little bean forming. I started crying all over again. I think she was getting a kick out of it. "Out of you crying?" Hell yeah. But anyways the day after that Derrick was supposed to be flying home so I planned to tell him that night. Just be cute about it but I had this urge to do something first. Something I hadn't done in years honestly. "What was that?" I woke up and got dressed. Made some breakfast. Next thing I knew I was driving. I had went to......visit my parents.

Mel got out of the car and stood there frozen at the two burial sites side by side. She couldn't remember the last she had been here. Taking a few shaky breaths, she walked over. She groaned seeing trash that had blown over. She half expected Brenda to come make sure the headstones were clean from time to time. Dusting off her hands, she sat down on the ground facing the two. "Here lies Anthony and Beverly Moore. Hey mama... hey daddy. Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I just felt like I failed you two."

The wind blowing, giving a slight breeze of comfort on the hot summer day. "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you mama. I married Robert. You told me to stay away and I.... ran straight to him. I learned a very long and hard lesson. Yu tried your hardest to shield me from that and I thank you. I know what you mean now. Daddy...... I'm okay. Your little girl is okay. I'm happy now. I'm so so happy. I got a real man who loves me unconditionally. He's healed me in so many ways. I wish you could've met him. Mama you know him already. Derrick saved me and brought me back from the dead."

She wiped her tears, her hand on her stomach as she thought about how much Derrick really had done for her. "We're going to have a baby. You two are going to be grandparents. After all these years I'm finally going to have a little family of my own. I miss you two so much. I wish yall could be here to share this journey with me. I wish I could just have one more moment where I can lay in between my parents again. I wish I could hear you say just how proud you are of me. Of how far I've come." Mel felt herself weeping heavily, her words getting choked up in her throat.