Animan

Adrien: (appears behind and teases Nino) FYI, Alya's never going to fall in love with a statue.

(Nino pulls Adrien so they can hide.)

Nino: Shhh! You know I'm no good with the ladies, especially this one all of a sudden. I mean, dude, do I go up to her and crack her a joke? Shoot her a compliment? Invite her to the zoo? Play it serious?

Adrien: Nino, you're way over-thinking this. "Invite her to the zoo", you serious?

Nino: Well, they have this really cool new exhibit there.

Adrien: Listen, just be yourself, man.

Nino: That's easy for you to say, Mr. Front-of-the-cover-Teen-Model-weekly. I'm not that cool.

Adrien: You're cool too, dude, trust me - or you wouldn't be my best bud. Invite her to the zoo. She'll say "yes", I promise.

Nino: (begins having confidence; he starts walking over to Marinette and Alya. But he panics at the last minute and runs back to Adrien) What if I act like a moronosaurus, or she disses me or thinks I'm lame or - ?

Adrien: Okay, I got your back. (Adrien and Nino fist-bump)

********

Alya turns to Marinette with a blush on her cheeks, 'hey my dad is opening a new panther exhibit at the zoo I was thinking of inviting Nino,' noticing her friend's blush Marinette began to tease Alya,

'ouu like a date huh? You likeee him?' she said poking Alya in the stomach,

'shhh yea I do he's so funny and cool and a little dorky, but I like that. You think he'll say yes?'

'of course, your amazing Alya,'

Alya smiled, 'thanks Mari,'

********

Adrien signals Nino and they come out of hiding just as Alya and marinette are walking by causing Alya to bump into Nino.

Alya: Huh?

(Nino stands very still in front of her, with a wide nervous smile.)

Adrien: (appears behind Nino) Oh, so sorry. (nudges Nino) Right, Nino?

Nino: Sorry.

Adrien: Sorry about that. How could we make it up to you? Any ideas...Nino? (Nino doesn't answer) How about we all check out the...zoo today? Word is they've got a new... (snaps his fingers in front of Nino)

Nino: Uh, they-they got a new panther.

Alya: Awesome idea, right, Marinette? I was just telling you about the panther my dad was unveiling.

Marinette: yeah. That sounds great.

Adrien: Cool. Say, after school, four o'clock? (looks at Nino) Nino, sound good? (Nino nods nervously) Cool, four o'clock then.

Alya: Four! (Adrien nods before he pulls Nino and walks away)

Marinette: Uh, Earth to Alya? You do realize the guy you're completely crazy about has just asked you out, right?

Alya: Yeah...

*********

Nino: How did you do that, dude?

Adrien: Like I said: "Just be yourself".

Nino: Right, sure. If I could be yourself; myself don't work that way.

Adrien: (sips from a can) You're being ridiculous. Of course, you can. And when you're alone with Alya at the zoo later on— (tosses his can in the trash)

Nino: Whoa, what do you mean alone with Alya? Oh no, dude. You're coming with me. You can't leave me alone by myself. Uh-uh.

Adrien: (sighs) No prob, Nino. What are friends for? (Adrien and Nino fist-bump again)

***********

The four teens get ready, each best friend prepping and helping the other get ready for their date. At four they meet outside the park and pair off- Nino and Alya walking together with Adrien and Marinette trailing behind as they made their way to the panther exhibit.

Nino and Alya took a while to get over their nerves but after they did Adrien and Marinette realized they weren't needed anymore and decided to stop fourth wheeling. The two left their friends and made their way around the zoo together.

'hey, isn't it funny how we both had to be wing people today?' Marinette said with a laugh to Adrien as the pair passed in front of some parrots.

'yea Nino was so nervous and look at him now talking without stuttering,'

'we make quite the matchmakers,'

'yea we did good,'

Adrien continued, 'you know this is my first time at the zoo,'

'really?' Marinette asked surprised,

'yea my parent's always felt it was dangerous with all the crowds and stuff,'

'they are very protective of you, how come they let you out now?'

'my dad doesn't know I'm here,' he laughed mischievously, 'he thinks I'm in Chinese, I convinced Nathalie to lie for me,'

'who's Nathalie?'

'she's my dad's assistant. She's been like a second mom to me since my mom passed away,'

'oh, I'm sorry,' she said reaching out to give his hand a squeeze,

He smiled in thanks, ' anyway, are your parents protective too? Your also an only child,'

'no, my parents are very liberal they let me do anything I wanted as long as I told them what it is, but recently I find that I cant tell them everything all the time,' she said thinking of her recent secret as ladybug.

'I understand, I find I'm always lying to my dad to get a little bit of freedom,'

The two continued to talk the afternoon away getting to know one another, laughing as they shared cotton candy and Adrien got some stuck on his face. Eventually, Alya and Nino re-joined them and were even closer than when they departed, the four decided to close their night off with a double date at the local pizzeria.

*one aspect of the show that I didn't like was how Marinette instantly fell for Adrien just because he gave her an umbrella. I wanted to expand on adrienette make their relationship deeper and at least begin as friends before it progressed into romance. also, I didn't like how Nino and Alya began their relationship out of the blue as well so I tried to add more context to it.  

in this version, Marinette will not be an obsessed creepy stalker of Adrien.