Day 10: Losers & Lingerie

L a n e :

 "Where are you going?"

I zipped up my jeans, turning around to see Dawn looking at me, her eyes still clouded with sleep.

"Missing me from bed so soon?" I teased.

She chuckled. "Oh of course I am, having the whole bed to myself is absolutely terrible."

I took off my shirt, walking over to the bed. "I could always jump back in."

"No, stay back, this is my bed now!" She spread herself out like a starfish over the whole bed, her chest vibrating the whole bed as she laughed.

"We'll see about that." I said, getting on the bed, pushing her to the side.

"No!" She was laughing as she feigned defeat and I smiled smugly, happy with my victory. That was, until a pillow came into contact with my face, surprising me by its force.

Dawn was on her knees, next to me on the bed and she brought the pillow back, swinging it forward again. This time I was ready though, and I blocked her swing pushing her back so I could grab my own pillow.

I swung it at her side, knocking her off of her knees and onto her back.

"Aaah!" She fell to the bed, holding her pillow above her face for protection.

I grabbed the pillow, slowly moving it to the side to reveal her face. She was surprised when she saw that I wasn't swinging a pillow at her though.

I was above her and I leaned down, my eyes not leaving her. I saw a smile spread across her face as she realized what I was going to do.

"I haven't brushed my teeth yet." She informed me.

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. "Are you just saying that so that I won't kiss you?"

"But you saw me wake up..."

"I was gone from the room for a good twenty minutes, and you're crafty as hell."

She smiled deviously.

"Go ahead." She said, closing her eyes and puckering up and she pointed to her mouth. "Go ahead, kiss me, see for yourself."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Nah, you scare me."

"Oddly enough, you're not the first guy to tell me that."

"I would be surprised if I was, you're a scary girl."

"Gee, thanks?"

"Hey, I'd take it as a compliment, you never know when it may come in handy to be a little scary.."

She got up from the bed, chuckling. "You really know what to say to charm a lady." She said, walking to the bathroom.

"Dawn." I grabbed her wrist lightly, making her turn to look at me this time. "I'm not just trying to enchant you with my unavoidable charm. You scare me."

"Why does it feel like you just said 'I love you'?" She asked.

Because it's what I meant.

I didn't say anything though, instead I gave her a small smile and walked back to where I dropped my shirt. I pulled it over my head and put on my shoes.

"I'm going to Janey's house." I said.

"Have fun!" She called from the bathroom. "I'm gonna go to work."