CHAPTER 39

Author's POV

Diwali is the festival of lights and is celebrated mainly on two days. The first day is choti diwali and the second day is badi diwali which is main day. 

Today is the choti diwali and Meer and Abhi are currently getting ready to go to the Malhotra mansion for the dinner. Nandini has invited a few guests also.

Meera is standing in front of the mirror, wearing a beautiful black dress with red embroidery. She's trying to adjust her earrings when Abhi comes and nudges her out of the way pretending to adjust his jacket.

She glares at him but her just shrugs innocently. 

"What?", she asks him turning around to face him completely.  He places his hands beside her on the wall , trapping her in between. Meera folds her arms and tries to look unaffected by his presence, but that's hard considering  that he a strong aura and the fact that he is staring at her so intently doesn't help.

"Its already 7, we were supposed to reach there by now", Meera says looking away.

"I'm sure they won't mind", Abhi says lifting her chin to meet her eyes. They both inch towards each other, their lips mere centimeters apart . Just when they are about to touch, the sharp ringtone of the phone causes them to break apart. Abhi curses and picks his phone up while Meera chuckles at his reaction. 

She finishes getting ready and goes downstairs where Abhi is waiting for her while holding Reyansh. Abhi looks up to see her descending the stairs. She looks like something out of a dream, so beautiful. The best part is that she doesn't even seem to realize the effect she has on him or people in general. 

"Abhi, where are you lost ?I have called your name at least five times ", she says snapping her fingers in front of him. 

"Wha- what?", Abhi stutters and everyone knows that Abhimanyu Malhotra doesn't react like this.

"Are you feeling alright", Meera looks genuinely concerned. 

"I'm fine, lets go. You look beautiful by the way", he says extending his arm 

"You look good to", she says taking his arm. 

"Well, I try my best to keep up with someone", he says winking at her which causes her to blush. They settle in the car and head towards the Malhotra mansion.

*********

By the time they reach the Malhotra mansion, Reyansh is asleep. Meera lifts him up gently and they all go in. Nandini and Sameer are in the living room. They both go and hug Abhi and Meera. Nandini sees Rey sleeping and asks Meera to lay him down in the room upstairs.