012

Chapter 12

  Cane is twisted from a plant with stems and leaves. The stems are prismatic, hairy, odd-pinnate compound leaves, and cyme tops.

  Xu Cao blinked, thinking that she had made a mistake.

  "wife, what's the matter?" Fugui saw his wife staring at the two pheasants in his hand, thinking she wanted to eat chicken, and grinned: "Does wife want to eat chicken? How about tomorrow? Just say."

  Xu Cao looked up at him, with incredible ecstasy in her eyes. She smiled and pointed to the tengzi with the pheasant in Fugui's hand, "Fugui, where did this come from?"

  It was clearly potatoes. Stems and leaves, but there are no potatoes in this world.

  Xu Cao has not seen potatoes in more than ten years. The common vegetables here are similar to those she ate in her previous life, but there are not many types, only cabbage, spring onions, brasenia, soybeans, winter melon, Chinese kale, day lily, shepherd's purse, water chestnut, Leek, radish, bracken, Malan, chrysanthemum, water spinach, amaranth, Chinese cabbage, bamboo shoots, as well as chili, ginger, garlic and Chinese pepper. The last four are the most basic condiments.

  These vegetables are commonly eaten in this world, and because of the difference in climate between the north and the south, some vegetables are not suitable for cultivation in the north or the south, or the yield is low.

  Potatoes are a very common food in Xu Cao's previous life, and some poorer places still use potatoes as a staple food. The yield of potatoes is high. If you have this thing, it will be of great benefit to the poorer people.

  Now that she saw the potato leaves, how could she be unhappy?

  Fugui thought that Xu Cao was referring to the two pheasants in his hands, and smiled: "wife, you are stupid, I hunted them on the mountain."

  Xu Cao scorned him and said with a smile: "Who said Pheasant you have in your hands? , I mean where did the rattan that you tied the pheasant come from."

  He glanced at the plant twisted into rattan, Fugui laughed, "I just pulled it in the mountains without any hemp rope, so I used this to tie it. What's up? Does my wife know this rattan?"

  "It's not just acquaintance." Xu Cao smiled and took the pheasant in Fugui's hand, untied the rattan, and led the pheasant to the kitchen. "I have seen this thing in a book, saying it is the fruit growing from below. What's edible can be eaten as grain."

  Fugui listened and hurriedly followed, "Wife, really? I didn't see the fruit growing on this thing."

  Xu Cao threw the pheasant into the corner and opened the cauldron with wood. The spoon stirred the big bone soup inside, and smiled: "This fruit grows underground, and you have to dig it out. Fugui, can you go hunting in the mountains tomorrow? How about I go with you?" She's very interested in the potatoes. If they can be dug back, they will sprout in February tomorrow and they can be picked and planted in the ground.

   But this land is a bit troublesome. Zhanghe Village is backed by mountains and water. There are not many fields in the village, and there is no remaining field. She can't buy it if she wants to. Unless cultivated in the mountains, this is a difficult thing, and she can only think about it now.

  Fugui heard that his wife was going to the mountains with him, and hurriedly agreed. This thing is not deep in the mountains, and the wife is following him, not afraid.

  In the evening, everyone had dinner together. Xu Cao fried a sausage with dried red peppers hanging under the eaves. The family said it was delicious and Xu Cao was good at cooking. They said that they had eaten fatty intestines many times, but what Xu Cao make for them is delicious.