22 ✿ The Youth Awards | tpwkforevermore

tpwkforevermore

note: there are only two chapters, so not much to tell in some sections :)

first impression: title, cover and description (7/15)

at first, i thot the writer was mistaken and requested me an awards book to review. while the title is intriguing, on a platform like wattpad, it could be mistaken for an award show.

the cover isn't that great. altho it matches the theme, it still needs a lot of work imo. you used the same font on your title and username, which i believe doesn't work. it's okay tho-- ik not all writers are good at making covers. like me haha. try graphics sites that have templates like canva.

the description, for me at least, didn't make me want to read the story. it doesn't clearly introduce key elements like characters, hook, and climax. excerpt style blurbs are a double-edged sword. you can barely get an excerpt that will fulfil all these. also, it has grammatical mistakes.

first, how can the character speaking know the guy who pulled her is muscular? hard, okay

first, how can the character speaking know the guy who pulled her is muscular? hard, okay. but muscular i believe isn't possible unless he's shirtless.

how's a tone hard? i think that part needs more elaboration. show us how a tone is hard.

how do eyes swirl? when i imagined it, the image wasn't... appealing.

additionally, we have suicidal characters i see. please add trigger warnings.

plot & chapters (13/20)

+ the book starts with the mc showing off her luxurious life. from my observation of wattpad readers and stumbling upon books with such a start, i think readers dislike it. no one likes to be reminded of how unprivileged they are.

+ the second scene is a wake-up scene. again, not the wattpaders' preferred scene. overused, cliché, and uninformative. we don't need to know many details about such scenes too. enter them late and leave early.

+ the plot starts to unfold when the awards are mentioned. however, zaira barely explains how they work. it's not exactly a turnoff, but it still leaves me in the dark. i kept reading and assumed it'd be explained better later tho.

+ by the end of chapter one, i don't get this feeling of excitement for chapter two. one reason is that i dislike zaira rubbing her financial status on me every five seconds lol. i don't see the point; one time is enough. second, i don't really see a hook. so far, there were ordinary old-fashioned wattpad scenes: shopping, sleeping, waking up, showering, school, and students fighting.

+ in c2, you switch povs. interesting. but, really, it doesn't serve anything different. i understand zane saw and told things zaira couldn't see and tell, but if you wonder what's the use of what you told, you might realise this switch didn't serve much. i'm not against it; i'm against the execution. i think you could use it as a way to better characterisation for zane to make the switch more meaningful.