Chapter Twenty Four

I'm trying to improve my writing a bit. Let me know what you think! 

Oh and also I've noticed my past few chapters haven't been doing as good...I was wondering if you just didn't like them as much or if some people haven't read yet.

As always enjoy!

Chapter Twenty Four

Have you ever felt that fuzzy feeling in the pit of your stomach? The one where you can't help but to smile and feel warm all over? That's what I feel every time I look at Dominic. I know he and I were made for each other, and yes it has taken me a while to fully see it. But now that I have I can't help but want to express it. In any way I can. Sadly Dominic has yet to pop the question and I feels as if I've been waiting for what seems like forever.

I sit up and stare over at the sleeping Dominic. He looks so, different when he sleeps. I reach out and poke his nose. He wrinkles it as soon as my cold finger touches his warm skin.

"Good morning." He yawns in that sexy sleepy voice of his.

I climb on top of him and straddle his waist. Ha! Betcha weren't expecting that this morning!

Surprised, Dominic eyes flutter open "What are you doing babe?" He places each of his hands on my waist.

I smirk. "Today is our seventh month anniversary." I know it's not a big mile stone but seven months seems like a lot to me! Plus why not celebrate when you can. After all you only have one life. I want to live mine to the fullest!

"I know babe,” I grin at his soft loving voice, “I have lots in store for you today." His hands sink down to my thighs where he starts slowly rubbing them.

Ignoring the pleasure from his hands being so close to my junk (heh) I think about what he said, "I have a lot in store for you today". What does he mean? Is today the day?! Will I finally get to call Dominic my fiancé? I'll be Dominic's fiancé. That sounds nice. I wonder if, when we’re married will I get his name or will he get mine? Tyler Moor? That sounds pretty nice. Or should it be Dominic Matthews? I like Tyler Moor better. I'm sure my parents would be happy I no longer had their last name.

My parents.

I wonder how they are. Good, bad? Does dad still like hunting? Can mom still make her famous apple pie perfectly? I miss them so much. Do they miss me? Do they ever even think about me?  If only I had the answers to all the questions I had.

I smile, trying to seem happy. Dominic can’t know I’m upset today! Today is supposed to be about us, not my crappy relationship with my parents. I’ll just have to block out all the bad thoughts. "You do, do you? Well I have something for you too!"

"What is it?" He stops moving his hands, but keeps them on my upper thighs.

I feel the tears building in my eyes. No matter how hard I try I can’t ignore the thoughts. When I try they just get louder and louder. "I-I can't tell you." By the time I say “tell” a tear is rolling down my cheek.

Dominic takes my face in his hands and wipes the tear away with his thumb. "Babe, what's wrong?"

"Why is this so wrong Dominic?! Why can't they see how right this is?!" I collapse on top of him and throw my arms around his neck. "I just want them to love me!"

"Shh," he whispers and rubs soothing circles on my back. "How about we go see them?"

I tense up. Is he crazy? Going to see them would be the worst thing we could do! My parents don’t want to see me! Has Dominic gone mad?! "You do know who I'm talking about right?"

"Your parents?"

I grimace.

"Tyler you can't ignore them forever."

I roll off of Dominic and stare up at the ceiling. "They're the ones ignoring me."

"Well maybe if they see how happy we are they'll realize that being gay isn't a wrong thing. Besides I need to ask them something."

I glance over just in time to see a soft blush on his cheeks. Huh, I wonder what that could be about. "What do you need to ask them?" If anything Dominic should be able to ask me. Not my parents.

"Nothing you need to know." He stretches over and kisses my cheek. "I'm going to make some breakfast. What anything?"

"Just apple juice...”

It's a little after two when Dominic and I finally leave the house. He won't tell me what or where we're going but I imagine it has something to do with my parents. You see I overheard him talking to Justin on the phone about where I used to live. Great, just great. However I don't really believe it until I start recognizing houses and street names. And sure enough we pull up to my old house. I never thought I'd be here again.

I whimper as Dominic unbuckles, "please don't make me." I’m not strong enough to face them! Not now anyways! I need a few more years.

I can tell by the look on his face, Dominic isn’t taking my crap today. Luckily we are talking about him so he compromises, "I'll go first okay," he waits for me to nod before getting out and going up to the door. My dad answers the door and looks directly at me. I can't take it and have to look down quickly. God why is he doing this to me?! My parents don't want to see me! They hate me! It's pointless coming here! "Tyler!" I jump as Dominic opens the door. "Your dad wants you to come in."

"W-what," my jaw drops at his words, "he wants to see me?!"  That can’t possibly be true! Nope! I don’t believe him.

Dominic just nods and helps me out of the car. We walk up to the house, my old house, and I come face to face with my father.

"Hello," I don't know what to call him so I decide to stick with just that.

My father parts his lips to speak, but before he does he looks me over. "You've grown up so much."  Weird, it actually sounds like he missed me or something. But he couldn't have. He was the one who told me I was out by eighteen. He's the one who let me go.

I'm still avoiding eye contact. I never expected to see them again. I don't know how to react. "How have you been?" I know it's a stupid question and there are many more I'd rather ask, but this is the best I can do for now.

"I'm doing well." My father motions for us both to come into the house, and we do. Without being instructed, I go straight to the living room find the same couch I used to spend hours upon hours on watching pointless TV shows, and sit. As soon as Dominic takes a seat next to me it's as if something inside me goes off.

I can do this. After all these years I've wasted on wanting to know why, I can finally ask. Dominic is here with me and he's all the support I need. With my new found courage I stare my father in the eye and give him a cold glare. I need answers and I want them now.