𝟷𝟻. [ 'ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴏʀ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ'] ⛈️

(TW: Torture⚠️)

Your head was aching, again. Did you get completely wasted last night? You couldn't remember. All you knew was this is the familiar feeling of waking up after drinking too much wine the other day.

You knew you had to stop this immature habit of yours, but as one who is stressed everyday, wine was your only stress reliever.

As much as your head hurts, your whole body was in a uncomfortable position. You slowly open your eyes to a dimly lit room with one single furnishing—that is, a chair, that you sat on.

Your hands and feet tied into the chair prevented you from standing up.

"oh no I've been kidnapped" Realization struck. Looks like you were wrong about the wine thing, thank Barbatos.

"Good Morning, princess"

You flinch at the voice behind you.

"You're..." You start to speak, although it felt like you haven't spoken in decades.

"Scaramouche, I have no time for proper introductions. I'm here for an important matter" The man finally reveals himself from the shadows, and stood in front of you.

"You're gonna wear that ridiculous hat indoors?" You scoffed, earning a glare from him.

"I could kill you, y'know" He forcefully lifts your chin to face him eye to eye. "You have something I want"

"A heart? Yeah no can do"

Irritating the man might have been your greatest regret. Purple smoke released on the floor and whatever it was, it wasn't the same smoke which took your consciousness, oh no—this smoke caused you pain everywhere.

With much pain, you also felt.. anger.

"W-What the?!" You gritted your teeth as tears begin to form in your eyes.

"what a sight" Scaramouche laughs. Once he was satisfied with your reaction, his hand gestured the smoke to lay low and stop affecting you. It seems as though the smoke was infused with electro as he was able to control it.

The pain finally eased up and you were able to breathe properly. "What do you want" You spoke, barely catching your breath.

"You hold.. the Raiden Shogun's gnosis"

You laugh at his claim. "You're in the wrong region" You have grown a habit of irritating this man that you have completely forgotten the consequences.

Scaramouche felt an irk mark form in his forehead. With anger, electric shocked you from the chair. It lasted for 10 seconds after you let out a cry.

"The only thing you can speak of is the truth. Anything else, and you'll die in vain" Although his voice was childish, it gave you chills along with the feeling of his dark presence.

"I don't even know what a gnosis is!"

"Lies" You had a glance at his glowing purple eyes before getting electrocuted. That face he gave off had no pity nor mercy at all, it was a dark and murderous expression that even you feared.

"eventually, you're gonna have to die" Scaramouche pouts at your sweating, trembling face.

You were afraid to speak as it may come out as another lie again. You do not wish to break the promise you made a long time ago.

"Time is ticking, do you pick truth? or truth?"

"Shouldn't the Gnosis rightfully be in the Shogun's hands?"

Your eyes widen as the man in front of you was about to gesture your next electrocution. Out of fear, you begin to speak the truth.

"I have it! I have it" Your voice trembled.