46. Mr. & Mrs.

(Alexander and Natalia)

#######

Morning came.

The Yushkova mansion is eerily quiet. The patriarch was not in the mood anymore to go to the dinner party this coming weekend.

"D-dear, eat something." Victoria persuaded him. Her husband wasn't eating properly since yesterday. She knows that Euro is mad but she still want to take care of him.

"Not hungry." Euro shortly replied and marched towards the study room.

"It's not good for---"

"Not good, huh? What's not good is that you have kept a secret all this time. You cheating woman!" The old man sharply uttered.

Victoria flinched at what she'd heard but swallowed it anyway. Her eyes became glossy.

"That was a long time ago. I...I have regretted it."

"Regret? Are you only saying that because the truth comes out?" Euro rebutted. He is having a hard time trusting the words of Victoria right now. He didn't even bother to find evidence against the words of Neero since the old maid has been guilty after the scene yesterday.

Victoria became silent. Her tears are rolling down her cheeks and she felt helpless. She couldn't say anything as the hard truth kicked them on their faces.

"I...I won't give up my shares." She blurted out instead hoping that it will appease her husband.

"Are you even thinking? You will hold on to those useless shares as that other son of yours will possibly tell the whole world about your infidelity!" Euro violently stated not even caring that the words pained his wife's heart. He then turned around and left Victoria. He wouldn't let another news stained their reputation all the more.

Victoria wept and weakly sat down on the floor. Even if Euro won't disown her or throw her out of the mansion, she knows that their relationship would never be the same again. And their marriage will just be a facade from now on.

Devon together with his parents just arrived at their company later that morning.

Neero was already inside waiting to finalize the buyout. He drank from his cup as the family entered the conference room.

"What would it be?" Neero uttered directly without greeting them.

The trio have gloomy expressions. Victoria marched to his direction and sat at the nearest chair opposite the man.

Neero handed the documents to his birth mother. The old woman reached for it and signed the papers quietly.

A public official then verified the documents and the lawyers from both parties finalized the buyout process.

At last, Neero became the major stockholder of Yushkova Tradings Inc. and will be the controlling figure inside the company.

Victoria closed her eyes and hoped that all of this was just a dream.