Lie

Jin's Pov

"You were crying?" Of course! He had to get it right away that I had been crying! "No, of course not." I answered back confidently, subconsciously lowering down the cap I'd been wearing, maintaining a poker face that always succeeded in fooling everyone....or so I thought.

"Then why is your nose red as rudolph?" I looked down and stuffed my face with food, buying time as I chewed slowly deliberately, thinking of the best excuse I could give for my stupid nose.

"There must have been pollens, I'm allergic to them you know?"

"Hmm....Anyways did you see the mail from the company?" I frowned as he cut a piece of steak and chewed on it.

"No...? What mail?" "We have to meet everyone in the team here, you know just to familiarize ourselves with them and vice versa."

"When do we need to leave?"

"In about 15 minutes."

"WHAT!?" I quietened down as numerous head turned to look at us. "You're telling me that we need to leave in 15 minutes and I'm here wearing the most casual dress ever!?" I whisper shouted.

He shrugged cutting onto a toast, "Why do you think that I'm all dressed up?" "I thought you were doing a 'TaeTae thing'." I stopped abruptly as I realized how easily the affectionate nickname we had branded each other with, slipped out.

Looking back at it now, I wonder why did I use to call a grown ass man 'TaeTae'? Didn't it sound weird? Wasn't Taehyung embarrassed whenever I used to call him that in public? He surely would've been but probably had kept his mouth shut seeing my idiotic hopeless lovesick face.

I glanced at the said man who was dressed casually yet professional in a navy blue coat over a white shirt. He had his head ducked down unabling me to see his reaction. I probably had embarrassed him again. Stupid me!

I decided to break the awkward air around us.

"What do I do!? I don't have enough time to go to my room, get dressed, then come down again...! And I certainly won't go there like that." "Wear something from Mr. Jones's closet."

I rolled my eyes, "Can you for once be serious?" "I'm serious! Wear his blazer or something, the white shirt you're wearing looks okay."

"Are you fucking crazy? I can't go snooping in his room! He is my boss!"

"Then go like this."

I drummed my fingers on my knees, weighing my options. I sighed.

"How will we get in his room?" And judging by the smirk plastered on his face, I guess I made the wrong decision.

----

I should've gone back to my room to get changed...being late was a better than seeing Taehyung flirting with a 50 year old woman, warming her up into giving us the room key but by seeing her stern face, he was failing miserably.

I cleared my throat and nudged him with my elbow, indicating to let me take in charge. "Taehyung you're only slimming our changes of getting that key..! Let me do it!!" I hissed behind him, and decided that it was time for me to forcibly take the wheel as he blatantly ignored my word.

"Umm excuse me Miss. Song..." I went and stood next to Taehyung trying my shot as I pulled out my most innocent face. "You see our boss has ordered us to bring him his expensive blazer to his office as soon as possible but forgot to give us his room key. He's a very grumpy old man and if we don't bring him that coat to him in time h-he'll f-fire cheap employees like us. My mom is h-hospitalized so I can't afford to loose m-my job." I feigned sniffing and gave her my best puppy eyes I could muster.

I stepped on Taehyung's shoes to stop his constant nudging I mean boy- no one doubts my acting skills especially when that stern lady has already melted. "My polished shoes!" Taehyung squeaked quietly behind me. Serves him right.

"Oh don't cry deary! Why didn't you say that before? Don't know what nonsense that friend of your was spewing...Just wait here I'll get you the duplicate key." I dabbed my eyes lightly, "Thank you Miss. Song!" I smiled and took the room key.

We quickly turned and rushed to that old pervert's room, however, I stop by the entrance leaning into the doorway blowing at my invisible nail paint and sighed loudly.

"What are you- oh argh! Fine you were excellent out there! I was completely blown out! I feel like kissing your hands! Can we get on with our work now?" Taehyung exclaimed, but kept his face passive. I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"Well at least you now know who's better." "Yeah...you're totally better at melting old ladies' heart than me." He said tauntingly.

"Well at least I have the common knowledge of not flirting with those same old ladies."

"Whatever, whatever can you kind sir now choose a fitting coat so that we're not more delayed than we already are?" I stuck out my tongue and walked towards the closet.

"What now?" He asked joining me as I stared unblinking at the closet. "Everything he owns either looks like a rainbow's fart or looks as if Jesus himself designed his clothes!"

Taehyung sighed and rummaged through the clothes himself. "Here take this." He took out a navy blue blazer and held it in front of my face.

"But it's blue as well!"

"I guess we're twining."

I put on the coat, removed my cap and turned to look at him. "Hmm.." he rubbed his chin then pushed back my hair revealing my forehead. He combed back my hair with his slim fingers while I fought with myself, trying not to loose my senses in his deep manly forest scent. 

"My freshly shampooed hair!" I gasped and backed away as he used his spit to set my hair. "Come here Jin! You'll ruin it!" "No! Get your disgusting saliva's bacteria away from me." 

"Fine I'm not using my saliva. Just come here." I went towards him hesitantly as I judged his next move. "Stick out your tongue." "W-what?" "Just do what I say Jin." I stuck out the tip of my tongue timidly and blushed furiously as he glided his fingers on my tongue, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear. 

He pulled back satisfied, admiring his handiwork. "Yup it's perfect! Come on let's go now." He took one last look at himself then went out of the room. I followed him out soon enough not daring to look at my blushing face.

----

"So since when did you get allergic to pollens?" I turned to look at him, caught off guard by his sudden question/accusation as we entered the office's reception. "I uhm you see-" "It's alright I won't and can't force you to tell me the reason you cried...but just keep this in mind that I know whenever you're lying....

....and I don't like when you lie to me hyung."

----

A/N

An un-timely update because I'm feeling happy :) 

(and also maybe because I don't feel like studying English -.-')

Taejin reacting to their kiss only made me dive deeper into the taejin universe 

Anyways vote, comment and share if you like this chap!

Vaccinate, wear masks and stay safe y'all!

BORAHAE

💜