20

Before Jungkook could respond, she was already on her feet, making her way to the kitchen. "I'll do the vegetables, and you can do the steak because i'm not good with handling meat."

"Make sure you cook them right. I need my vegetables for protein," Jungkook mumbles as he preps the steak. He knew Y/N couldn't possibly mess up the vegetables, but he had to taunt her one way or another or it wouldn't feel right if the two didn't criticize each other at least once a day.

He peers over at her for a second, tsking at her chopping skills. "Why do you chop your vegetables so slowly?"

Y/N turns around slowly, an extremely unbothered expression on her face. She had the kitchen knife in one hand, making it look like she was going to commit murder. "Don't question my abilities," she simply says, turning around again to go back to chopping.

She preferred cooking alone since no one would be able to bother her, but she was starting to grow into Jungkook, and she enjoyed his company, so just this once, she's cooking with someone else.

"I'll be done cooking the steak by the time you finish slicing that carrot," he jokes with a laugh to follow. Truth be told, he might actually finish before her.

The steaks were almost finished only because he had the heat high on the stove. "You know what? Take your time with them. I don't want you to kill me," he adds with another chuckle.

It honestly felt nice to be around Y/N since he always felt comfortable around her. Now that the two were cooking and staying together this weekend, it made him feel like the two were a couple.

"Red or white wine?"

She rolls her eyes, and places all the vegetables on the stove to boil, before seasoning them and putting them in the oven.

"Red wine for sure."

Whilst waiting for the vegetables to cook, she helps Jungkook set up the table, bringing 2 fancy plates and fancy cutlery to go with it. "You seem to have quite a fine eye for dining essentials," she says, examining the expensive pieces.

"Mom gave them to me. She says that I should use them for special occasions," he shrugs. In other terms, a 'special occasion' would be when he brought a nice girl over for dinner. Or in better terms, a girl he could let his mom meet.

Jungkook pours the two a glass of wine, before sitting at the table awaiting for the vegetables to cook. "Most of everything here was gifted from her. The only thing I decorated was my gaming room and my bedroom."

She reminded herself of what his bedroom looked like. How could she forget, it was the room she'd been in the most since they started the case. Upon remembering, she realised that the rest of his house, compared to his room, were like two different worlds. His bedroom and the little peak of his game room she had seemed more like Jungkook, but the rest of his house was very classic-modern.

"Mrs Jeon has great taste," she compliments. "Can't say the same about you though.."

"You just lost your reward for the night," Jungkook shakes his head, seeming to look disappointed by her insult. It was all in good teasing though.

A small pout covered her face, "Wait! What was the reward?" Y/N shouldn't have bothered asking, she knew Jungkook wouldn't tell her considering how stubborn he was. "Forget I asked," she says, going back into the kitchen to check on the vegetables.

"Mom would love you if she heard you compliment her interior design," he mumbles under his breath for only him to hear. Jungkook knew her ego would explode if she heard him compliment her.