31 | To Fall Asleep

So, in payment, we request the following,” Lucinda spoke, holding up a piece of paper to the mayor, after he’d been de-akumatized, which she’d written before she came. “Please read these terms that we’d like you to follow up with.

The vague sound of music, the Varsouviana polka, was echoing from a distant nightclub, gliding over the rooftops of Paris, and although the mood was one of victorious triumph, the frantic dance number made you feel a tad uncertain.

As if there was something about to happen.

But — there was no time for that now.

Why the hell should we even listen to you?” Audrey demanded, spinning on her heel, and walking back towards the city hall.

Fine, it’s none of your business anyway!” John shouted after her, which caused her to turn right back around, and angrily stand next to her husband.

B-But I can’t” the mayor stuttered, but Chloé cut him off.

Daddy, I don’t want you to listen to me, and get me what I want anymore, I want you to get them what they want,” she stated, “because it’s more important.

But these people are so unimportant! They do not matter! They provide for us and we give them money in return, that’s all we need from them!” the mayor tried to defend.

His words earned a glare from you, John, Lucinda and even Chloé; Ladybug and Chat Noir, who were standing behind you, also gave the man a disapproving look. “Daddy, without these people you’d be absolutely nothing,” Chloé finally said, with a frown. “None of us would be anything. The entire reason you’re in this position is because you exploited less fortunate people. And the same goes for you, Mum.

You grinned at her, and shuffled closer to her, glad that she had finally come around to your point of view. Then, you returned your attention to the mayor, and decided to add onto what Chloé had said. “We basically performed a coup,” you spoke firmly, “and now we want some demands back. Also, we saved you, so you owe us some stuff. It’s not even things like closing the school down; we just want some stuff for our community done.”

John cleared his throat, and then read out the list, which Lucinda was showing him — “We request that the minimum wage be raised to thirty euros an hour, the workers at the Pavillion Factory be given sufficient compensation after they were fired for no reason and that all public transport be government owned, because the train and bus fees are ridiculous, utterly ridiculous.

But I can’t do all that! I’m not the prime minister!” the mayor exclaimed, turning pale.

You’re part of the government, though, aren’t you? Take the list to the idiot in charge then, this country is supposed to be a democracy.” Lucinda replied, folding her arms. “Are you denying the will of your saviors and the people?

“Are you really just a dirty, lying, scumbag who doesn’t give a single shit about the citizens of Paris, and only ran for mayor because it would give you money, status and power?” you questioned dryly, leaning towards the man in an intimidating manner.

The mayor sighed in defeat, and took the paper from Lucinda, “Fine. I will do what you’ve asked.

You better, or we’re going to convince our whole neighbourhood to go on strike,” Lucinda threatened, with a sweet smile on her lips. “And I’m sure you wouldn’t want your precious, perfect capitalist economy to collapse, would you?