Chapter - 34

"What are you doing here?" Swara was stunned to look at Nikhil.

"Surprise! Surprise! One Digital Marketing Company sponsored my work permit. I wanted to inform you but then I thought to keep it as surprise." He took steps towards her.

She could not match her eyes with him.

"Are you not happy?" He tried to hold her hand.

Swara immediately took her hand back feeling his touch.

"Con... Congratulations."

"Come let's go. Let's have some hot coffee. It's so cold here."

"I ... I am getting late. I need to go." Swara tried to escape.

"Late? Come on Swara we are meeting after almost 5 months." He danced his engagement ring in front of her eyes.

'I have to end this drama once and for all.' She raised her eyes to look into his.

"Ok. There is Tim Hortons nearby."

They walked towards the small coffee joint. Nikhil was blabbering something but Swara was lost in her own thoughts.

"What will you have?" They stood in queue.

"I will order for myself."

"Ohh I thought, I will get treat from you."

She reluctantly ordered for both and then came back to corner seat.

"Dark Roast Coffee? Strange? You never liked it." He scrunched his eyes.

Dark Roast Coffee flashed Sanskar's image in front of her eyes bringing beautiful smile.

"Preferences change over the time." She took sip.

"Ok now tell me where are you living? I can move in with you."

"Move in with ME? And why is that?"

"Ohh come on. In your language why to waste money? And as it is we need to save now so we can buy our new house here."

"And what will happen with the house for which I am paying EMIs from last 3 years." She purposefully hid that loan was already repaid by Sanskar.

"Ohh come on just forget it. This is our time to fulfill our dreams."

"You can forget it I can't because my Papa is guarantor for that loan."

"Swara I understand but let's think about our life now. I know, I have been acting like a jerk in past but I couldn't' help it. You were here and I wanted to desperately come here. I was a total mess."

"Our life?" She nodded her head.

"Nikhil let's get to the straight point. I am sorry but it is over for me long back."

"What are you saying?"

"Yes Nikhil, its over. I understand we dreamt to spend life together but in this one year, I have learned a lot. I think, I won't be able to able to match my way of living with you. So, let's call it off."

"You have changed a lot Swara." His eyes turned cold.

"May be yes or may be not... But over this year, I understood what I want from my life. Unfortunately you are not the one what I want"

"Exactly when you have found rich man to satisfy your needs then why will you need me?" Nikhil blurted out taking floor beneath her.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Come on Swara, long back Radhika Aunty had mentioned she haven't seen you in long time where as every time we talked to each other some months back or to your parents you gave perfect excuse to be with her family over weekends. What am I supposed to understand?"