51

LOU'S POV:

We had a busy day today. Diane took me to her favorite restaurant in Boston for lunch and then we went to a dog park with Lulu. I got to pet many puppies and Diane spilled coffee all over her shirt so we went home earlier than intended.

"How do you feel about your sister?" I massaged Diane's shoulders.

I sat behind her while she was only wearing an indigo bralette and a fresh pair of jeans.

"Honestly? I'm happy for her." Diane sighed, "But I guess I could be happier."

I bit the inside of my cheek, "Well you have every right to not be thrilled, specially now."

"I just hope the child is gay so Christopher has a heart attack." She giggled.

"You'd love that." I smiled at her dark humor.

Diane giggled again, "I'd absolutely love it, yes."

And I absolutely love you.

The blonde let out a little moan when I massaged her neck, "That feels good?"

"Very." She purred like a kitten. "Thank you."

I was learning to deal with what Diane had told me the other night. I knew she was going through a hard time, and I wanted to help her feel better about herself.

Tonight was our last night in her sister's house. We were supposed to be downstairs with Sophie and Christopher's friends who were also invited over for Thanksgiving, but instead we were upstairs taking turns to massage each other's shoulders.

"Remember you have to finish your calculus assignment before thanksgiving break ends." Diane said.

I groaned, "You're making it hard for me to keep being nice to you with those constant reminders."

"I want you to pass the school year with good grades, Laura." She said in a bossy tone that annoyed me but also drove me insane, the good kind of insane.

I kissed the back of Diane's neck and kept massaging her upper back. "I could become a masseuse."

Diane chuckled, "I'm not against that idea." She moaned again, "That spot."

"There?"

"Yeah."

I kept massaging her until Sophie called for us to go downstairs.

Diane put on a random shirt from her luggage and we went downstairs for dinner.

Their friends weren't what I imagined them to be. Diane didn't know most of them, but they didn't seem to be THEIR friends, they seemed to be Sophie's friends except for Paul.

Paul, Christopher's cousin was an average straight white male that probably had many debts because of gambling.

Lola was definitely bisexual, was in her forties and wore a bit too much eyeliner, but her husband, Pierre (who wasn't French), didn't seem bothered by the 'feminist' shirt she wore, or the curse words that kept coming out of her mouth during dinner.

Then we had Daniel, the youngest besides me. He was twenty one and worked with Sophie at the same events production. Of course, he was a bit shy, but he was funny too.

And to finish we had Paula. Paula was Sophie's friend from High School, she was single and was very pretty, too.

Sophie and her husband gave the happy news again, and I saw how Diane drunk half her red wine in record time. Everyone was thrilled, but Paula didn't seem too happy.