26: trouble

Comment your hearts out in this chapter ;) & KEEP VOTING TO MAKE THE STORY'S RANKING HIGHER ❤️💎

Jess

I wake up with a sore throat, but after Harry checked my temperature, he believed that I no longer had a fever. I still didn't feel totally comfortable with visiting a hospital with the possibility of being sick.

"Just give it a day. Maybe even tonight you can go in with a mask or something," Harry had suggested.

We had wandered about the apartment for a couple hours, watching TV. Then Harry and I had both gotten to the point where if we didn't eat in the next five minutes, we'd probably kill each other.

Then again, there was the debate of whether to go out and risk getting mobbed, or just having one of us going out to pick something up.

"I just think it's a little skeptical that it's so damn cloudy and you're wearing sunglasses," Harry explained as we walk down the sidewalk to a nearby cafe.

"No, everyone wears sunglasses in this weather. The sun's rays are still harmful," I say.

He laughs. "Oh, so are you the expert now on why you should wear sunglasses?"

"Says you."

"I still think we should've called Jane to get security." Harry has been looking around, paranoid, since we'd left my building. It really wasn't helping our slyness.

"Especially since I'm here. I'm never going to hear the end of it with your publicists," he continues.

"Quit whining. You were the one that wanted to go out and get some air."

He scoffed. "Yeah, well you could've stayed at the flat."

We walk into the restaurant and Harry gets us a table while I stay in the waiting area. There are people looking at me for the obvious reasons, like how I'm wearing glasses in doors.

"Jes--er, love, our table," Harry comes in the room and almost calls me by my name. He obviously sees all the people and changes his mind. I take his hand warily and a waiter takes us to a booth for two.

"Good morning. I'm Derek, can I start you off with some drinks?" The man asks.

"Tea and milk, please," Harry says.

"Uh, coffee and cream."

He nods to us both and heads back behind the cafe counters.

"When is this break over? I didn't really listen to Jane when she was talking to me about it," I asked.

"January second, but I guarantee they're gonna want you back in LA sooner."

"Can I come with you to England, before breaks done?" I missed his family a lot, especially Gemma.

The look on his face was pure joy. "Of course. When do you want to go?"

"In two days? Sometime after we go to Children's Hospital."

Derek came up to our table, stopping our conversation and sets down our drinks, plus some waters. When he looked at me, he did a double take. I had forgotten I'd taken off my glasses.

"Er, are you guys ready to order?" He asked.

"I'll have hash browns and pancakes," Harry said right away.

"Just a yogurt and hash browns, please," I say.

"Of course. By any chance are you...Jessica Steele?" Derek asks.

I looked over at Harry who was glaring at him with a grimace on his face. Well, he's no help with how I should approach this.

"Uh, yeah, but can you...like not make a big deal? Don't tell any--"