26 | Bad Mood

Arabella's POV:

I thought it had all been a dream. Every part of Mateo's return, I thought it was a dream.

But it was all real.

All three of them walk around my building acting like they own the place. Telling my co-workers their clothes are messy, and how they need a mint.

I grab Mateo by the ear, pulling him into my office.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I shut my door hopping no one will hear us.

"This establishment is very unprofessional."

"I'm not taking tips from someone who didn't even want to go to work, because he didn't get coffee in the morning."

"That was one time." He said pulling away from my grip on his ear. 

"Mateo just because I forgave you doesn't mean you can walk into my life acting like the boss of everything." I walk away from him, grabbing my cup of iced tea and taking a large gulp.

"Whatever. When are you gonna get all your things so we can leave." My eyes widen.

"What?"

"Yeah." He said in the most monotone voice.

"Mateo, I'm not leaving."

"Yes, you are."

"I have a job here. I have a life here, I own this fucking building for fucks sake. I can't just go back, I'm not go back."

"You want me to stay here. I put my work aside for this."

"Oh how kind of you for gracing me with your presences. I'm not leaving. You can go back, I don't need you here. I did for a year." The last part I said in more of in a whispered voice because I didn't mean it. I don't want him to leave, but I wasn't gonna give up my hard work because he wanted me to.

"What did you say."

"I said you can go back to Italy if that's what you really want. Because I have things to do here, and I'm not gonna leave them because you said so."

"Arabella I have a fucking Mafia to run." Why was he trying to make me feel bad because of this. I never asked for him to come back here, as glad as I am. 

"Then go run it, if it really means that much to you, you shouldn't have bothered coming back." I know I'm gonna regret these words later but right now I'm angry and he's only making me more upset by making his Mafia seem more important than me. 

His importance to his Mafia is the same importance I have for work as well. 

Right before anything else could be said, Chris walks in holding the papers I had him print for me walked in.

"I got the things you asked-."

"Who the fuck is that." Chris looks up and gives Mateo a smile.

"Thank you Chris." He nodded started walking again before Mateo grabbed his collar and glared at him up and down.

"Who is this." I groan getting off my chair and pulling them apart.

"My business partner relax. Chris this is Mateo my friend, and Mateo this is Chris another friend."

Chris offers a smile but sadly isn't given one back. He leaves the room and Mateo just glares at me.

"I'm a friend?"

"Yes."

"Arabella were technically still married."

"Doesn't matter. I left for an entire year and you didn't bother seeing me after all that time. You don't just get to come back and pick your place as my husband. When I said I loved you yesterday, I said it as your friend."