Chapter 38

I'm thinking of ending this book soon guys. Opinions on that?

**

Things begin moving quickly after that day with Dinah. Lauren heads back to work for a few hours a week, and Camila stays at home slowly adjusting to how life would be without her. It wasn't that she was unhappy about Lauren going back to doing what she loved, because she was good at what she does and Camila commends her for that, it was just the fact she no longer felt like her main priority despite Lauren claiming she was and always would be.

In fact, she felt a little pushed aside- especially on days when she woke up to Lauren already being gone.

Lauren had assured her many times that that wasn't the case, and although she wasn't one hundred percent certain she believed her, she was slowly but surely coming to terms with it. She hopes that one day she'd have full control over her anxiety, but she knew said day was a long time coming.

"Mila? Your bottles ready!" Dinah's voice brings her out of her thoughts, and after dropping the toy she'd been holding motionlessly in her hand, she rises to her feet and makes her way through to the kitchen.

The woman was stood there, screwing the lid onto the bottle that she knew contained mama's milk.

It was rare she actually got to nurse from mama these days, and she was beginning to grow accustomed to using her bottle again whenever she wanted comfort.

Dinah smiles as she wipes off the bottle with a kitchen towel before handing it over, "You want me to lay with you?" She asks, and Camila nods her head, allowing her hand to be taken so she could be guided back through to the living room.

She didn't like Dinah holding her during such an intimate moment that was reserved for her mama only, but she didn't mind her company or the occasional hand running through her hair.

Dinah sits first and places a cushion on her lap prompting Camila to climb on next to her and rest her head on top of it. She then curls up facing away from her, feeling a hand beginning to comb through her hair as she brings her bottle to her mouth.

"Your mama called earlier," Dinah starts, and Camila just knows that what she was going to say next wasn't going to be good news. How did she know that you ask? Well, when mama calls, she was always allowed to talk to her for a few minutes before she had to get back to work. Obviously that hadn't happened this time, and it told her that something had happened.

She remains silent, her suckles slowing down.

Dinah reluctantly continues, "There was a last minute client that called in, and she decided that she'd stay for that before coming home."

Camila's suckles stop dead. Oh. Well she wasn't expecting that. Knowing that nothing she did would get mama to change her mind, she simply lets out a sigh before resuming with her milk.

"Is that okay?" Dinah questions, fingertips grazing her scalp.

Suddenly not feeling very little anymore, Camila pulls the bottle from her mouth and drops it to the floor before sitting up.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go read or something." She dismisses herself in a quiet mumble, deciding to ignore the confused look on Dinah's face as she rises to her feet and all but scurries out of the room.

The poly frowns as she watches Camila disappear from sight. What in the world had just happened?

Pulling out her phone, she shoots a quick text off to Lauren.

DJ: how long has it been since mila's been big?

She doesn't have to wait very long before her phone buzzes signalling Lauren's response.