Chapter 6: Break-in

After being framed as ESPIONAGE's mole, everyone started ignoring me. Heidi remained as a friend but seemed a little odd. Ariarne was watching me closely and was giving me the chills. 'I should best get some sleep.' I whispered to Heidi. She nodded. I stood up and got moving. I swiped my dorm card. Beep. The doors opened and I collapsed onto the bed. 'Ahh.'

I'm pretty sure I fell asleep that moment. It was only 8:00 and I felt tired as ever. 

Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a clink. I sat up scanning the room with half-droopy eyes when a hand clamped over my mouth. 'HELPMMF!' I screamed in the best way possible. Then I saw it, it was Ariarne. I relaxed a bit. She let go and gave me the most frightening death stare. 'Don't tell ANYONE. Follow me Hall, Now.' she stated. I climbed out of bed feeling like a half-asleep idiot and followed her. 'It's two o'clock in the morning!' I hissed. 'If I could sleep 1-2 hours a night and defeat enemy agents just fine, then you should be able to at least open your eyes when you sleep a few hours.' Okay, I have to admit, smart move. But she was the best spy in the whole school! How am I supposed to keep up with that?! Ariarne slid open the dorm window and nudged her head. 'Get moving.'

She jumped out what felt like ten meters. I tried not to scream but I did silently, which made me look like the dumbest idiot. 'Where are we going?' I ordered. Ariarne had all her bulletproof clothes on while I was in my pyjamas! 'We're going to go steal a file. About the principal.' she said. 'What?! And you chose me out of the great spies here?'

'Now's the time to redeem yourself Ben. Getting out of my suspicions are hard. Now get moving! We're going to the Xeprix Society, it's in-charge of Drukora.' Ariarne informed me. She crouched and started to sprint again. Gosh, I hate when she does that! I ran after her. At least I had some sneakers on. Ariarne suddenly came to a halt. Someone was following us. I looked back and I almost screamed to death. It was a dingo. It was big with the sharpest teeth I've ever seen. Ariarne snorted. She came in front of me and gave the dingo the death stare scarier than the one she'd given me. The dingo reluctantly backed off and walked away. I stared at her in awe. 'How did you-'

'I'm a spy Hall. Keep up.' she said as she came to a fast pace again.

Again we were stopped, but not by some domestic animal, but by agents. 'What's your name?!' they ordered. 'Ariarne Fowl, Identification code: 61784320.' she said calmly. They looked at me. 'Benjamin Hall, Identification code: 76543290.' I said. They looked from me to Ariarne and let us pass. 

'We need to sneak. Now.' Ariarne said. She magically got a crowbar out and smashed the window. An alarm beeped. Ariarne rolled her eyes got the right file and pushed me out. She jumped after me and we started to run, once again. 'ARIARNE! THIS IS THEFT!'

'This is spy work Benjamin, how many times do I have to tell you?' She pushed me to the ground and we camouflaged. When the agents went passed, Ariarne stared at me. I stared at her back. And for the smallest and briefest moment ever, I saw her smile. It disappeared really quickly after all, but my heart felt like it just died and came back to life. I smiled back. 'Come on, Hall. We best get going.' she claimed. Once again, I followed after her.

Author's note: 

Okay this chapter was very short. I promise to make it longer and I hope you are enjoying this so far. In case you were wondering, yes, this book is inspired by the wonderful Stuart Gibbs' Spy School. I will update on it as often as I can. Until next time!