Bucky Barnes x Reader - Baby Barnes

REQUESTED

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Oh, God. I feel like shit." I muttered, dropping onto mine and Bucky's shared bed. My groan was muffled, but loud enough for my husband to laugh slightly.

"Tired?" He asked and I rolled onto my back, humming. He sat next to me and I shifted so that my head was on his lap, his fingers immediately intwined with my hair and I closed my eyes, taking a breath.
We'd been working a lot the last few weeks. We had long mission after long mission and the whole team was physically and mentally exhausted.
"What's wrong?" Bucky asked as I grimaced, before quickly jumping out of bed and rushing to the bathroom.
"Y/N?" I heard him follow me onto the bathroom, but I was too busy puking to care.
"Crap. Uh..." He knelt down next to me, moving my hair out of my face and rubbing my back.

"Thanks." I whispered, my throat sore. I wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet and Bucky wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me against his chest.

"In sickness and in health, remember?" He asked, making me smile and nod.
"Do you need anything?"

"Could you get me a glass of water?" I asked and he nodded, before helping me to my feet. He left the room and I moved to brush my teeth.
It had been a long few weeks. Being sick wasn't a huge surprise, I had been feeling nauseous for a few days.
I moved back into the bedroom and changed into my pyjamas, before slipping under the covers, just as Bucky came back with my water.

~

"I'm worried about you, Y/N!" Bucky dropped down on the bed next to me.
"You're not eating and when you do it, you end up puking it back up! You're not getting any better."

"It's only been a week, Bucky. I'm fine." I shook my head, but quickly regretting the action which made me dizzy.

"Exactly! It's been a week!" He argued and I sighed.
"I'm taking you to see Bruce."

"Bruce has more important things to do than give me a checkup and tell me what I already know." I looked at him pleadingly.
"It's just a bug, Buck."

"And if it's not?" He countered and I didn't get a chance to say anything back, because he was scooping me up into his arms. A week ago, I would have laughed, but I was too busy concentrating on not puking all over him. I leaned my head back against his metal arm, letting out a small smile, the cool vibranium relieving the pounding in my head for a few seconds.

"Still not feeling too hot, girlie?" Tony asked as Bucky stepped into the elevator. I closed my eyes, flipping him off, hearing him chuckle in response.
"I don't know why you're so worried, Barnes, she's fine." Bucky didn't reply and I didn't have to open my eyes to know he was glaring at the billionaire. The elevator doors opened and Bucky stepped out, his movements making my head spin.

"Is everything okay?" I heard Nat ask, before I was placed down on a soft bed.

"I'm fine-"

"She's been sick for over a week now." Bucky cut me off, causing me to glare at him.
"Headaches, nausea, dizziness. She hasn't eaten anything in days."

"Bucky." I warned seriously.
"I'm fine. You're making a bigger deal out of this than necessary. It's just a bug."

"No, I don't think so." Bruce muttered, checking my temperature.
"And you've been feeling like this for just over a week?"

"Yeah." I mumbled and Bruce looked at my husband.
"Go and get blankets, lots of them." Bucky looked confused, but nodded his head, leaving the room.

"We have more than enough blankets down here." Nat muttered.

"I know. I just need to ask Y/N a few things." Bruce nodded.

"I'll keep the soldier busy." Nat shrugged and I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.
"Trust me?"

"Nat, you're my best friend. Of course I trust you." She grinned at that, before leaving and I looked at Bruce.
"Ask away."

"Right, I assume you and Bucky are... sexually active, right?" Bruce asked, completely throwing me off guard.
"I'm not asking as your friend, but as a doctor. I need to know."

"Uh, no. Not recently. We've been a little busy with work. Y'know, saving the world and all that jazz." I muttered.
"The last time had to have been... two months ago."

"And the last time you got your period?" I blinked a little, trying to process what he was saying.

"Bruce, I'm not... I can't be." I laughed awkwardly.
"You're joking, right? Tell me this is a joke?"

"Look, let me do a few tests. I'm not saying you are, but I'm not saying you're not. I can't be sure unless I check." Bruce looked at me with a small smile.
"Besides, would it be such a bad thing if you are?"

~

"Congratulations." Bruce looked at me awkwardly.
"You're having a baby."

"Oh, God." I mumbled, sitting on the edge of the bed, feeling tears well up in my eyes.
"Oh, shit. How am I going to tell Bucky?"

"How are you going to tell me what?" My head shot up and I looked up seeing a concerned Winter Soldier and an apologetic Black Widow.
"Y/N, doll, what's wrong?" Bucky came over and took my hands in his, looking at Bruce expectantly.

"Bucky..." I whispered.
"I'm pregnant."

"What?" He blinked a few times.

"I'm- we're having a baby, Buck." More tears rolled down my cheeks and he looked confused.

"Why are you crying, doll? That's amazing news!" He laughed weakly, wiping away my tears with his flesh hand.

"You're not mad?" An unreadable expression crossed his features.
"We never talked about this. About kids. I assumed you didn't..." I trailed off, not wanting to offend him.

"Y/N." He spoke firmly, his eyes meeting mine.
"I want what you want. If you want to have kids, then I'm more than happy to support you and our children. If you don't, I'll support you through that too." He smiled at me.
"When I walked in here and saw that you were crying, I thought you were going to tell me that you're dying or something." His metal hand gave my hand a small squeeze.
"I love you, no matter what."

"I think I want to keep it." I nodded, looking at Bruce.
"I mean, I've saved the world, how hard can it be to be a mom?" I looked at Bucky, who had a huge grin on his face.
"You're really okay with this?"

"Y/N, doll, as long as you're happy and comfortable, so am I." He nodded, but I could tell he was pleased with my decision.

~

"Do you think it's a boy or a girl? Or both? Or two of each?" Bucky rambled, looking down at me with adoration in his eyes. He was practically buzzing with excitement, one hand on my swollen belly.
"Did you feel that?" He asked excitedly, looking at me with wide eyes.
"They just kicked me!"

"They kick all the time, Buck." I smiled up at him.

"I know. They're strong, just like their mom." I rolled my eyes, shifting to sit up and Bucky pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back and he broke the kiss, resting his head against mine.
"I love you so much Y/N Barnes. And you too, baby Barnes."

"We love you too, you big Dork."