Chapter 77: Entering the Forbidden Region to Trick the Queen of the Jungle

Early the next morning, Cale was standing outside of Oorim. Naturally, On was in his arms. Following his order, nobody else was there to watch him enter.

"You will die if you go in ... you cannot come back." The old man from last night seemed to have spent the night there, as he weakly warned Cale from next to the slab.

Someone important to this old man had probably went into the forest, desperate to find the Dragon of the legend as well.

"Old man, I will break the legend and come back, so you can wait for me if you want." Cale smiled at the old man's shaking eyes before he entered Oorim without any hesitation.

He walked quickly and soon found that he could not see very far. It was the fog. The fog had surrounded him.

"Mm, it does look like I will need to use about my front paw's worth of strength in order to use magic. Human, you need to be at least at my level to use magic in this fog."

"Mn, it's only because it's Raon, you really are amazing."

"Yes, I am great and mighty. But what is the Queen's wish?" Raon, who had heard a brief explanation last night, asked for more details from Cale, who responded without any delay.

"Putting out the fire in the jungle."
"Fire?"

Litana, the Queen of the Jungle. She was the ruler of this wide southern territory that was larger than even the empire.

'She's someone who is pretty similar to Toonka.'

She never showed any weakness to the strong while she was very weak to the weak. The reason such a person was secretly in this forest was because she was desperate to find a solution.

Instead of explaining to Raon and On, who were tilting their heads in confusion, Cale started to say something else.

His expression was serious. "Don't worry about the details. Just remember, starting from today, I am a good person. So however I acted, don't expose me."

"But you ARE a good person, Human. What is there to expose?" Raon looked toward Cale with confusion.

On also looked at him with a gaze that seemed to be asking why Cale was stating something so obvious.

This made Cale at a loss of words for a moment, before he chuckled. "Thanks. But I'll be even more of a good person from now on. Then, On, the path."

"Got it." On's eyes sparkled before her front paw started to move. The fog moved away following the movement of her paw. "The fog in here is interesting. It doesn't seem like regular fog. It is similar to a poisonous fog."

Listening to the curious On's words, Cale walked deeper into the fog, fully trust his two children. Even though he could not see anything in front of him because the fog did not disperse, even when it rained.

Cale brushed some rain water off of his raincoat. "Can you see the path through the fog?"

"I can see it!"

"Good, I'll follow your directions."

And as he had said, Cale followed On's every directions into the forest. He seemed very much at peace, as if he had come for a stroll.

"It would be great if we could meet her today." Cale was hoping to meet Litana, the Queen of the Jungle, today.

It soon became night time.
*********************************

Litana, the woman who had earned the title of the Queen of the Jungle, was looking out the cave. It was dark.

She could only hear the sound of the rain.
"I'm sorry."