🏵️Chapter 8🏵️: Letting go.

{Justin's P.O.V}

   I got out of bed, having lain for four hours straight after waking up, I was tired of laying down. The room was a little dark, with curtains everywhere. The curtains were grey in colour, mixing with the colours of the walls of the room.

  I pulled aside the curtains and opened the gigantic windows that was covered. The breeze and the sunlight rushed in, hard and fast. Before my eyes was a beautiful scenery. A garden of daffodils and Roses lay before me, butterflies of different colours everywhere and the silence of this place was deafening.

  I must say that whoever planned for this house, planned well, for there was no other house or mansion in sight. In fact, this mansion was the only Mansion that was in Welinba estate.

  I sat down on the armless chair at the side of the bed and looked out the window. The sound of the waterfall from the distance was what filled the room.

  "You're awake?" I suddenly heard behind me which made me jolt out of my thoughts. I looked behind me to see who was talking. It was a young girl, a little bit younger than me from her looks, wearing leather pants and turtle-necked long sleeves. Her black pupils pierced into mine and her hair was packed into a ponytail.

"I'm sorry for scaring you" she apologized and I only nodded my head. She was holding a tray in her hand which had on it, a teapot and a teacup.

   She laid the tray on the stool beside the chair I sat on and carried the teapot, intending to pour it but I stopped her just in time.

"What's that?" I asked her even though I knew what it was.

"Moringa tea" she replied.

  "Thanks, but I don't want it. I'm okay". I dismissed her.

  "Sir, it was an order from the Princess to look after you. I dare not disobey her order". She refused to go.

"Sir?... I'm not that old to be called sir"  I complained.

  "But you are her highness best friend. What should I call you if not sir?"

"Justin. Just call me Justin". I replied her. She nodded before bowing to leave.

"Hold on! I have a few questions for you". I told her before she walked away.  

"Feel free to ask, sir...I mean, Justin".

"Does your mistress..." I trailed off.

  No! I can't do that. Why would I ask her about Nora's marriage?!

It'd be better to ask her myself. In that way, I can get a clear answer from her. Maybe-

  "Justin?". Her voice jerked me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"You wanted to ask me something". She said looking at me with much anticipation.

  I shaked my head "Nothing. Don't worry about it". I replied her. She looked really confused but nodded her head all the same.

Shortly after she left, I stood up and walked out of the room.

  I've never for once trusted Dure and he knew that. If he was planning something evil like I assume he was, then there must be some evidence of some sort in this mansion.

Now that Dure was out and his wife went to pay respects to her grandmother, it was the perfect time to search around the mansion for evidence.

  With great caution, I started checking each room, one after the other. But each of the room, were big and empty. After searching eight rooms with no form of evidence, I decided to give up. Even though it was entirely strange that I couldn't even find the matrimonial room of Nora and Dure.