Chapter Eleven

"Raven seems nice," Eddie remarked, as he looked back over at me

"Raven seems nice," Eddie remarked, as he looked back over at me. "What happened last night?"

"What?" I almost choked on my bite of pancake, surprised to hear him asking me about last night so directly.

Was it obvious that Raven and I had hooked up? I thought I'd been careful about throwing out the condom, making sure it wasn't near the top of my living room trashcan. But maybe Eddie had noticed something else, something I hadn't even thought to get rid of.

And as I tried to come up with a possible culprit, he continued with his line of questioning.

"Last night? After the car show? I didn't want to ask Raven why he was here this morning, but I'm guessing he had a bit too much to drink and couldn't make it back to his own place?" Eddie chuckled. "It was really nice of you to watch out for him like that."

"Yeah. I... really looked after him last night," I replied as memories of Raven pressed up against the wall ran through my mind.

I wanted him. Again. And if Eddie hadn't shown up in my kitchen this morning, I probably would've bent Raven over and fucked him right over the kitchen sink.

And then I would've taken him on the countertop.

And then the kitchen floor.

And then we would've been so tired from the sex marathon that we would've retreated to my bedroom, where I would have held him until he nodded off to sleep.

"You should be careful around guys like that, though," Eddie said, interrupting my erotic daydreams.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I smirked. "Is there any specific reason I need to be careful around wedding planners, Eddie?"

"You know what I mean," he muttered. "I don't think Raven sees you the same way that you see him. I think he wants something more with you."

"Something more?" I played dumb, waiting for Eddie to explain himself further.

Fuck. This was a test run, wasn't it? For me coming out of the closet. Even though I didn't plan on coming out of the closet, what would I have even said? That I was only attracted to Raven? That no other man -- or woman -- had ever made me feel like there were fireworks going off behind my chest?

Was it even possible to come out as "gay for Raven"?

"Yeah, man. I think he wants to be your boyfriend, for real," Eddie explained. "Which is why you need to be careful. You let a guy like that into your inner circle? And everything goes to hell. You'll be sitting in the same spot for six months, wondering why you can't keep a girlfriend around. And then, you'll find out that he's been talking shit about you behind your back, scaring away the girls you like with bullshit that happened years ago. All that, just so he can keep you to himself."

"No offense, Eddie, but it sounds less like you're describing Raven and more like you're describing a daytime movie villain," I quipped. "I don't think Raven would do anything like that, even if he did like me as more than a friend."