03.

Without emotions we wouldn't face danger and live, anger, hope & will.

|×|×|

Carter.

It could be said that I didn't fail to take Sterling's words to heart, I did and because of that, I wasn't going to head straight into the wolves den without knowing what the hell was going on and why it seemed everyone was hiding something, as if to afraid to say it. I shouldn't have lied to Tori about where I was going, I was going shopping, only later, currently I was standing by Sterling's diner just as he walked out with a cigarette hanging low from his lips, I wondered why he was wasting his time with the human cancer stick.

Straightening myself out I smiled toward him, he didn't look all that much different now that I looked at him in the sun, his hair was still curly blond with those blue eyes of his that sparkled, he was handsome no doubt but his deeds were a different story. "You smoke now." I muttered gaining his attention, he whipped around to face me only for the cigarette to fall from his lips. "Wait, Carter?" He asked astounded by my appearance, I knew it took a lot to get used to but I loved being in my own skin and being able to accentuate that beauty, so when I nodded he straightened out pulling his beenie in place.

"You look different." He asserted and I chuckled, that was obvious. "Good different ofcourse." He added as I nodded with a smile, but with that smile came the reminder of why I was here. Sterling had given me the number to a rogue faction that operated in Kholis Bay but very far and detached from the pack which I'm sure was a lie. "Why?" I demanded flashing a piece of the number he wrote for me, when he recognized it his face changed, so did his emotions, the guilt that drifted off him was suffocating. "Have coffee with me, and I will tell you whatever you want to know." He finally conceded and I slightly nodded, his hand laid on my back as he led me inside, being the gentleman he was, he opened the door for me, once we were inside I realized only a few people were here, rush hour had passed.

"I never thought I'd see you like this." He mumbled taking me offguard but I masked my surprise waiting for him to speak. "I mean with everything that happened, I expected you to want to rip my head off or something." He explained and I wondered why he expected that, the wolves in GroveHill I would never trust, they all broke me, lied to me and framed me for something I didn't do, it was beyond me to look for revenge or try and meet them in the middle of some amendments, that wasn't who I was anymore, I was just here for the truth and I would leave soon afterward. "Don't expect that from me, you did what you had to Sterling." I replied as that night reappeared in my head.

"I can't let you go." A blond haired boy whispered behind me, in his all black outfit no one would've noticed him as he moved in the shadows that filled the home, I turned around in fright coming face to face with my friend, Sterling, he was the only one who knew I hadn't done anything, we were together the night Enzo's mother and girlfriend were attacked, he could attest to that, but something was different about him, something sinister about him.