Part 5 - Episode 1

Kol watched amused as Lucien froze, caught off guard. Well, it's not often that you meet your 1000-year-old friends who you're trying to murder. Wait! Was Lucien trying to kill them right now? Oh, well. Whatever that bothersome Trinity was planning to do to them currently. 

"Kol Mikaelson, it has been a while." Lucien greeted, looking as if he was anything but happy about seeing Kol here. Kol merely inclined his head, giving the younger vampire an amused look. 

"Well Lucien, there is a reason for that." Kol returned, resting his head against the board lazily. Lucien just stiffened but said nothing. 

"Tell me, how is Nik. I haven't seen him for a while." Lucien asked pleasantly, turning to lean against the wall. He had pointedly ignored Kol's previous comment. 

"Well, Nik is Nik. There is nothing more to say." Kol snorted, shrugging. Lucian appearing amused by that comment. Davina had spent the entire conversation taking turns between glaring at Lucien and looking as if she would fall asleep from boredom, while Freya observed their whole interaction curiously. 

"And who exactly are you?" Freya asked, interrupting their face-off. Hearing her voice, Lucien turned to give her a charming smile. 

"Lucien, Lucien Castle," He introduced with a charming smile, taking her hand. Freya, on the other hand, seemed entirely indifferent to his advances. Right, his sister likes girls(I am just saying, I hold nothing against Lesbians). Well, Lucien can dream. 

"Freya Mikaelson." Freya introduced tartly, twisting Lucien's hand to bat it away. Lucien showed nothing but Kol could sense a hint of pain shining through his eyes. Like he had mentioned earlier with that wanker, Marcel, he had to live with Elijah

"And who is that lovely witch?" Lucien asked casually, looking at Davina. Upon hearing those words, Kol narrowed his eyes in a quiet warning.

"My name is Davina, not 'lovely witch'." Davina retorted, glaring at the vampire. Lucien merely held up his hands in surrender, giving her an easy grin.

"Well, I must be going. You know, CEO and all." Lucien announced, before giving a short, dramatic bow and walking away. Freya had already lost interest, and Davina was still glaring at him. Kol merely dipped his head in response.

TIME SKIP

Kol sighed, resting his head in his hands. This family could be so, troublesome. First, the rest of his family decided to stay here for an extended period of time. Apparently, New Orleans is the perfect place for the Original family.

"What got you so upset?" Freya asked amused, sitting next to him. Kol turned to look at her, a pained expression on his face.

"The joy of having my family around me is not showing on my face?" He asked, turning to face her. Freya just gave him a look, raising her eyebrows.

"I have always had a complicated relationship with my family," Kol answered, hesitantly. Freya merely nodded, showing that she understands what he meant.

"Rebekah, Elijah and Nik were always a tight-knit group, and there was never space for me. Finn was a bore, and with the loss of my magic, I just lashed out. I had no one to turn too, until Davina." Kol reminisced. Freya just smiled at him before reaching out to wrap her hand around his.

"You know, when I first met you people I was so nervous. When I was with Dahlia, the only thing I had to hold on to was a family. The dream of an actual family. Kol, you had helped me get that dream. You had helped me find my place in this family, and you had made me feel like I belonged. Trust me when I say this, I will always have your back." Freya told him sincerely, giving him a sad smile. 

Kol nodded, unable to speak, unshed tears shining in his eyes. This is what he had always wanted. Davina was amazing, but he always wanted his blood family to recognize him and now, one of them had. Earlier, he had not been as close to Freya because of the whole dying and resurrection thing. The whole spectacle with Davina's soul shredding had not helped matters. 

"What did you even what to talk about to the rest of the family?" Kol asked, tilting his head curiously. 

"I wanted the discuss the whole Dahlia problem. She is going to wake up the day after tomorrow and we need a plan, urgently."