Chapter 9

"...... . "

The noise in the room stopped for a moment .

But I was used to it becoming silent when Jungkook entered because it happened every year .

As soon as I walked in, I began looking for Ji-eun .

'Where is she?'

Where are you, heroine?

The silence in the room was broken when people came up to greet us .

"Hello, Duke and Duchess Lalisa ."

"It's an honor to meet you . "

"You two always look like you just stepped out of a painting . Duke Jeon, Happy Eighteenth Birthday."

I became distracted as we were subjected to a torrent of greetings .

As I glanced at the people who were crowding around us, confirming that most of them were only focused on Jungkook, I turned away again .

Ji-eun Grace .

I just want to see you .

Where are you?

'Ah!'

Just as I was looking in every corner of the banquet hall, I found her .

There was a lady standing near the entrance to the outside .

I recognized her immediately .

There was no way I wouldn't .

Her physical description that I had read about countless times matched up exactly to what I saw of her now .

I even knew what clothes she would be wearing to the banquet today .

There had been a lengthy description of her clothing in the book .

At first look, she did not have much presence with her common brown hair and brown eyes .

But her thin face and thick eyelashes showed that she was an uncommon beauty .

Ji-eun was like a pear blossom .

That was my first impression of her .

'I thought the book said she was of simple beauty . '

The book was full of lies .

It had described Ji-eun Grace as a plain beauty who could still maintain a gentle, beautiful look without even dressing herself up .

'What do you mean simple . It's so hard to be pretty without dressing up . '

Regardless, just as the book described, Ji-eun attracted the attention of people without even consciously trying despite not having a fancy dress or accessories .

It wasn't just because she was pretty, rather, she had a way of pulling your attention towards her .

Her pearl-colored dress with no accessories suited her well as if it was purposely done that way .

Just by looking at her you would get a sense of purity and cleanliness .

The more you looked, the harder it was to pull your gaze away .

I finally came back to my senses after being entranced by Ji-eun .

'Ah, Jungkook . '

Jungkook must have seen Ji-eun by now, right?

It should be past that point .

Because in the book, Jungkook sees Ji-eun right after entering the banquet hall .