𝟯𝟱. 𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝘆

an 𝙊𝙈𝙂 𝙑𝙄𝙉𝙏𝘼𝙍𝙊𝙐 𝙋𝙊𝙎𝙏𝙀𝘿❔

♡̩͙

"wow, can you imagine what
it'd be like to meet an alien?"

oikawa says, ducking his head as he steps into the passenger seat of the car. iwa seats himself in the driver's spot, while y/n and kyoutani sat in the back. kyoutani and y/n had only met each other about 2 weeks ago, and though he was definitely not the friendly or open-book type...

"here, kyou," she smiles at him after taking his loose seatbelt and buckling him in. he was currently eating the last of his fried chicken snack that they'd gotten at the fast food joint, and y/n figured he'd either get grease all over iwaizumi's clean and pristine car, or drop his chicken while attempting to buckle up with just one hand (which has unfortunately happened before,) so she decided to lend him a hand.

she certainly prevented a tantrum or two from mad dog- he would've been even more pissed than iwa if he had dropped his chicken in the tidy vehicle.

he grunts in response, eyes flickering out the window as he chomps a bit harder on his food. wait, was he blushing? or was that just some oily, fried chicken scraps on his face? huh. yeah, kentarou kyoutani was definitely an interesting guy.

...but y/n quite liked him.

and kyoutani tolerated her.

the car starts, engine rumbling and then the group is off. oikawa leans back in his seat, reclining so far back that the headrest of his chair is nearly ramming into y/n's face. she was cramped because of his careless actions. and he knew it.

he smiles that familar, closed-eye smile, his face close to y/n's as he looks up at her from his laid-back position. iwa scoffs from beside him, preparing to scold his idiot friend, yet decided to hold it off due to a part of him growing curious as to what strangely-profound bullshit might spill from his pink lips.

"y/n-chan, just think about it- do you know how big the whole entire galaxy is? ...i mean, there's gotta be some creepy crawlies up there..." he reasons playfully. but he was serious. 100 percent serious.

"creepy crawlies?" iwa mocks, shaking his head as he turns a corner. "you talkin' bout aliens or cockroaches here?"

"aliens." oikawa says, gorgeous brown eyes still stuck to y/n's ruminative gaze. she hums as she pensively looks around the car, catching kyoutani's attention in the process.

"well... i think the real aliens are below us."

"b-below?!" oikawa actually seems a bit shocked- he was half-expecting her to either laugh off his theories that everyone thought to be silly, or to quickly agree only to shut him up. but... below?

"what the hell does that even mean." the shaved-blond says. y/n looks to him.

"like, the ocean. just think about it. just like space, it's huuuuuge." she drawls out. "and- they've only discovered like, 5 percent of it! that's crazy, out of allllll the years the earth has been around, and barely anything was explored! and- and plus, think about all the weird creatures living deep down that we'll never ever see. i mean, why did nasa stop exploring the ocean? ...probably got scared of the things they saw down there."

"..."

"whoa~! you've got a point, y/n-chan!"
oikawa agrees, and she nods her head, because she really did.

"see, iwa?! i'm not crazy to think aliens are real! y/n-chan does too!"

iwa has no comment. 🗿
he has to comprehend the phuckery.

"hmph, aliens are real, alright." kyoutani grunts, finishing off his fried chicken. oikawa practically flips back in the reclined chair as he whips around to meet kentarou's honey-brown eyes with a shocked, pleased expression.

"hm~! even mad dog believes in them~!"
he says, then turns back around with newfound satisfaction as he throws a glance at iwa, almost as if saying, take that, iwa-chan. now who's the odd one out?

iwa says, "...kyoutani, what makes you think they're real, then?"

"..." everyone awaits his response; y/n gazes at her side to him with curiosity, hajime glances at him through the rearview mirrow- but oikawa... well. oikawa feels so smug with himself and the pleasant reactions he garnered that he simply sits (or lays, considering the steep recline) straight forward, eyes closed as a smirk rests on his face.

"seeing is believing."
kyoutani mutters.

sets of laughter soon follow after; this confused oikawa. first, it's a bubbly, soft laughter, but then iwaizumi joins in, and then the voices grow louder and more joyous. maybe kyoutani even snickered a little, too.

huh?

oikawa peels open a wary eye, and then his other.
he slowly turns his head around only to find kyoutani staring straight at him.

...

seeing is believing.

"oh."

♡̩͙

an I BET EVERYONE LEFT
BUT HEY IM BACK AFTER
LIKE OVER A MONTH lol

IM DOING SHORTER CHAPS THO
BC I WANNA FINISH THIS BOOK!!
THANK U FOR ALL THE VOTES AND
READS!! ur patience is applaudable!
im gonna be more active from now on!
love u 💖😖