26. my best friend.

Sierra

Sierra

"Mom! Where's my spandex?" I shout from the top of the stairs. I hear scrambling in the kitchen with the clanking of pots and pans and no response from the person I'm asking.

I groan internally and started walking down the stairs to find my mom who was making food in the kitchen. Walking pass the living room, I laugh at the sight of my baby sister Leah playing with her shapes with Tanya.

"Mom!" I lean my head into the archway of our kitchen and my mom turns around.

"Oh, sorry Sierra. I've been.." she trails off. "Anyway, what's up?"

I chuckle before getting to the point. "Do you know where my spandex are? I can't find them anywhere!"

Game day is this Friday and we can't afford to lose. Coach has been driving us crazy all day yesterday and she let us off before Monday practices.

My mom shakes her head sadly, "I'm sorry, honey I don't know. Do you need to buy a new pair?" I sigh, leaning against the counters. Either I go look again for another hour or I go buy new ones at the mall in the sporting goods store.

"I'll just go buy some. Thanks anyway, mom!" I kiss her in the cheek and she grins. I run up the stairs and change into a new fit of clothes.

I opt for a white cropped tank top and a oversized grey hoodie zip-up. I tie the drawstrings of my grey sweatpants and texted the groupchat.

TY's hAWTIES 🙄🥵

me: helloooo, anyone up to go shopping with me? desperate need of spandex and shit

ty da man😎: sorry buddy gotta go play basketball with trav.

latina bae 🥵: Getitngg slapped by Ma, HELP.

camcam!: doing chores!

kaydon🤨🦩: i'm down, ill be over in a sec.

Of course, Kaydon. It'll be fine, just a quick drive there and back. I text him that I'll meet him outside in a sec and I start texting Can and Parker with my issue.

undecided group name 😃

me: i'm scared its going to be awkward!! sos

camcam!: youre welcome. 😌

latina bae🥵: Good lcuk!