21

“I won’t go out, then.” You pout to Yoongi, to which he doesn’t believe but he’ll drop the topic for now.

Your eyes land on a strand of Namjoon’s hair that’s sticking up from his pillow fight earlier with Jin.

“Are you going to do anything tomorrow?” Jungkook asks Namjoon, his eyes glancing at you coming over and fixing Namjoon’s hair.

He jumps at the touch, but recognizes your touch and scent.

“No, I don’t have anything to do. Why?”

“Just..asking..” He watches you brush his hair down with your fingers, petting his koala ears as well.

Namjoon suddenly shakes his head aggressively to adjust to the feeling, then goes back to looking at Jungkook.

“What did you end up doing today?” He asks the bunny.

“Huh? Oh, I… went to talk to a doctor.” He replies, tearing his eyes away from you, grooming Namjoon.

“Are you okay? Is it your heart again?”

“No, no. My heart is fine.”

You pat Namjoon’s head when you’re done and walk to the living room, taking a seat next to Hoseok.

“What was that?” Jungkook whispers even though you can probably hear anyway.

“What was what”

“The..grooming.”

“What grooming?”

“Wh- yo-” Jungkook sits straight up and blinks as if someone just spilled lipstick in his valentino white bag.

He reaches for Namjoon’s head to show him an example but Namjoon’s head flinches away, startling Jungkook.

He blinks again, trying to comprehend what just happened.

“Did- did you just flinch?” Jungkook asks, afraid of the answer.

“Well, yeah. You just went straight for it, it scared me.”

“You’ve never flinched from me.”

Namjoon stares at him and thinks back.

“Oh, I haven’t, now that I think about it..”

“Then why did you do it now?”

Namjoon pauses, thinking back to what happened the other day.

No one has put him in such a low mental state like Jungkook did, not since you left the hospital and he didn’t know why you left.

Maybe that’s why he felt so harsh about you but he didn’t remember why.

“I don’t trust you.” He suddenly says and Jungkook’s eyes widen, his bunny ears flat against his head.

“What? You don’t trust me?” He stands up and you look at them.

“Yeah.”

You don’t have the right to not trust me.”

Namjoon scoffs.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. I never gave you any reason to distrust me.”

“Really, what about the time you made me have a severe panic attack in front of everyone? I haven’t had one of those since No-(Y/n) left the hospital. Or when you left me in the shelter even though you said you wouldn’t go anywhere without me? Or the reason for (Y/n)’s injury?”